The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone analyze one of these. Sems like complete BS to me. What does CharlieX think about this one!!:panic:

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
It's bull****. If you can provide a link, I can tell you with certainty.

Basically they are little resistors that when spliced into a specific wire for fuel control, lean the car out a little, giving you more power. I also heard most ECU's will tune them out, or the resistor will fail.

·
Registered
309 Posts
most are resistors that replace your IAT sensor - raising the resistance and 'tricking' your ECU to thinking it's colder outside and so the car tends to over fuel. This does not work on modern cars that inputs from many sensors, and evenutally cause a CEL error thinking the snesor is dead.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
IF...........IF..........50 hp could be had electronically.....CharlieX would've figured it out already.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
you can get 50hp, but you need a supercharger, header, exhaust, intake, etc then retune it (ie chip it) haha!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I bought something like this off eBay many years ago just to see what it was. They sent me a resistor tapped to a instruction sheet that didn't even work for my vehicle (despite it being mentioned in the ad). The horsepower increase they advertise varies based on the number they pull out of their rear on a given day.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
rotfl

C'mon guys if it sounds too good to be true...

Granted I gained 80 hp and 80 ft lbs of torque on my BMW with a simple chip... but it's boosted and has 58% more hp and like 130% more torque than the Elise stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts