The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im super new here, in fact I think this is my first post. Well I was just dreaming about driving an elise some day and im attempting to sell everything I have to get some money together and try to get a loan to buy a used 05 from here. Well I ran into a few snags.

How much horsepower do the 05's have? I went to a few sites and 1 site told me 134 while the other said 190. I thought the exige S's were 190 because they are supercharged but then i went to the lotus cars website and they said the exige S is 220?

Second question. Is there any difference in the models for 05 elises compared to 06,07,08 ect? Were there any problems with the 05's or special little "kinks" that they didnt workout like in most other cars?

And last question. Do you consider the lotus to be a DD car? Im not to knowledgeable on the sports package and touring package yet and I dont really know the differences (I did a little searching but couldnt really find too much).

Thank you everyone for the help and pray for me that god will shine upon me 10k haha

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
While many here will tell you to look up the search function, I'll skip that (and let the other folks say it instead :D ):

'05 Elise are 190 hp N/A and the lower figure you saw was probably a UK car which had several different engines, some with lower hp's.

In '06 Lotus introduced the Exige which is also a N/A 190 hp car

In '07 Lotus discontinued the 190 Exige and introduced the Exige S with 220 hp.

In '08 Lotus introduced the S/C Elise with 218 hp while still keeping the 190 Elise and also introduced the Exige S240 with 240 hp while still keeping the now referred to as Exige S220.

'05 to '08 the 190 Elise is virtually same with very little difference, mainly cosmetics however, in '06 Lotus went to DBW.

Many people use the Lotus as their DD so I don't see a problem there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
in '06 Lotus went to DBW.
That's <b>D</b>rive <b>B</b>y <b>W</b>ire throttle for those that don't know the acronyms. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts