The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lotus I just bought is equipped with a stage II exhaust and a Reverie Daytona carbon fiber cold air induction system. How much hp do they add to the stock 189 and I am considering adding a unichip. How much more would this add as it really is not too expensive. --- about $305.00

·
Registered
531 Posts
Your mods give you about 0 HP, sorry.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you search around a bit, you'll find all kinds of information on the various upgrades and their related horsepower gains (or losses).

The unichip is a waste of time on a good day. If you want to tune the car, see here.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Your mods add noise.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
I beg to differ with the previous statements. The owner of the site said himself the exhaust does show sustainable gains in this thread I made a long time ago:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f171/truth-myth-lotus-ecu-51121/

Look into the turbocharger or supercharger upgrade kits if you want more power. Best bang for the buck, whether you get a reflash, or a standalone ECU tune.

Don't waste time going N/A unless you plan on buying a standalone ECU to tune and compliment all of the N/A mods becoming available for the 2zz.

Soon all a 2zz will need to hit over 200 whp N/A is a 3" intake, bigger throttle body, DD Performance intake manifold, PPE race header, exhaust, 440 cc injectors, and a tune.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I beg to differ with the previous statements. The owner of the site said himself the exhaust does show sustainable gains in this thread I made a long time ago:
I'll admit that I haven't reread that whole thread, but as I recall, Randy found gains with an exhaust swap only when he changed to a sport cat at the same time.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I beg to differ with the previous statements.

Please also note, this statement is coming form a guy that has never owned a Lotus and has no real world experience with one. All he can do is link to what others have found out. Who's to say that they know what they are talking about either... He drives a Celica with a cold air intake and short shifter....

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
And a emanage ultimate to tune fuel/spark and a v-manage to tune LIFT and VVT-i...along with supercharger brackets...waiting for a supercharger deal to come my way...

I wonder how many Lotus owners tune their own hp gains.

Actions speak louder than words. When I get my piggybacks wired in the next few months, I'll be no different than controlling my 2zz than kverges here with his turbo kit.

Actually, I will...I'll be able to lower lift and tune VVT-i while staying OBD-II compliant with the v-manage I'm trying out...

In any case, to the OP, if you do your homework right, you'll be able to decide what you want to do with the budget afforded to you.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
blah...blah...blah.... all you do is talk about the stuff you are going to do for your car...thats all the BS that you have been posting for a long time now....shut up and do some of these things that you talk about to your OWN car and post about it.......just do it over at the celica forums as you dont own a LOTUS...and have never done anything to a car that you talk about...

And a emanage ultimate to tune fuel/spark and a v-manage to tune LIFT and VVT-i...along with supercharger brackets...waiting for a supercharger deal to come my way...

I wonder how many Lotus owners tune their own hp gains.

Actions speak louder than words. When I get my piggybacks wired in the next few months, I'll be no different than controlling my 2zz than kverges here with his turbo kit.

Actually, I will...I'll be able to lower lift and tune VVT-i while staying OBD-II compliant with the v-manage I'm trying out...

In any case, to the OP, if you do your homework right, you'll be able to decide what you want to do with the budget afforded to you.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The lotus I just bought is equipped with a stage II exhaust and a Reverie Daytona carbon fiber cold air induction system. How much hp do they add to the stock 189 and I am considering adding a unichip. How much more would this add as it really is not too expensive. --- about $305.00
Where did you find a unichip for the Lotus?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Luckily there is not a strong correlation between HP and pleasure.
Not linear maybe, but the extra oomph from the VF2 is pleasant enough. I certainly would miss it if it were back to stock.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Where did you find a unichip for the Lotus?
Their website just changed, if you call them you can still get it, or maybe from some 3rd party suppliers too. Its good for about 10hp/12TQ on a stock Elise, a little more with his mods and 93 octane I believe.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Their website just changed, if you call them you can still get it, or maybe from some 3rd party suppliers too. Its good for about 10hp/12TQ on a stock Elise, a little more with his mods and 93 octane I believe.
Interesting. I thought only Charlie and PES had bothered to crack the ECU.

·
Registered
531 Posts
cory1000 you have a Peel P50! Where in the world did you get one of those from?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts