The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of hose clamp pliers than can get up underneath the expansion tank and easily slide that 17.7mm hose clamp all the way up. Does anybody have any recommendations for where to get some of these? I'd prefer a store (AutoZone, Pepboys, etc.) as opposed to online so I could just drive up and get them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I need a set of hose clamp pliers than can get up underneath the expansion tank and easily slide that 17.7mm hose clamp all the way up. Does anybody have any recommendations for where to get some of these? I'd prefer a store (AutoZone, Pepboys, etc.) as opposed to online so I could just drive up and get them.

Thanks
call your local shops and ask for them.. easier then posting here and waiting.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I forget if I got mine from Sears or one of the tool trucks, but it was local to me. Cost around $65 if I remember right. HAD to have them for a car I was in the middle of working on.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
call your local shops and ask for them.. easier then posting here and waiting.
The "local shop" that did the work beforehand are the ones that didn't put the thing on the whole way, so needless to say I don't value their opinion too much right now. Thankfully I was keeping a close eye on my gauges or else all the coolant dumping out of my car could have cost me an engine.

I forget if I got mine from Sears or one of the tool trucks, but it was local to me. Cost around $65 if I remember right. HAD to have them for a car I was in the middle of working on.
I've found several sets like this:

NAPA AUTO PARTS

That could get up underneath there, but the problem is that all of the ones I am coming across have a minimum hose clamp size of 11/16". That is a hair smaller than the 17.7mm hose clamp we use, but I'd like to try it out before I purchase some. I think I'm going to take the hose clamp with me and ask them if they'll take it out of the package so I can try it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts