The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was under my car just checking out the U tube and various other bolts and noticed I have a hose that doesn't go anywhere. Its on the rear passenger side.

Am I missing something or is this something that lotus just did?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Any idea where the other end goes? Is it to the front of the car, or the back?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i am guessing thats where the gas spillage goes through. open your gas cover, see the little hole just under your gas cap? The excess gas will spill and go through that hole - my guess is that the other end of the pictured hose is connected to that opening. can someone confirm?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I followed it as much as I could and it felt like it went up towards the engine. Could go up to the gas cap thou.

I wanted to jiggle it while one of my roomies looks in at the engine bay, but none of them were home at that time.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
hoes that dont go anywhere? are they really fat? i need some more details

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
maybe one quick easy way to confirm - pour a small amount of water down the little hole near the gas cap and see if water comes out that hose. :shrug:

I'm not that curious to find out but if I were, thats what i would do.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I have a hose to nowhere on my car and found out later it ended up being some sort of runoff for condensation for the air conditioner. Try running your AC for a lil while and see if any water comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts