The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FIXED

Broken wire on the O2 sensor!

OK, so I have asked once what could cause these 2 symptoms. My car is getting worse as time goes on. It's been in the shop now for quite some time and nothing has been found. The Lotus rep is now being brought in to help diagnose.

I had the clutch replaced and afterward this phenomenon has come to light. It runs 7 degrees warmer than it used to and runs rough. Techs have been trying to say it's the Fujita intake, but I don't buy it. The intake was installed 7,000 miles and nearly two years ago and didn't see a problem until post clutch replacement.

I figured last time I posed the question I would get some good feedback with all the Lotus/auto expertise that usually lurks the site.

Anyone?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I don't see how there is any reason the clutch replacement could make it run rough, or warm.

Is there possible a vacuum line that may of become unattached with the transaxle removal? That's what I would look around for.

·
Registered
815 Posts
What temp does the car run? My car usually opperates at 190-210 degrees (been as high as 218 in traffic). Sometimes in the high 180's, but usually around 190.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What temp does the car run? My car usually opperates at 190-210 degrees (been as high as 218 in traffic). Sometimes in the high 180's, but usually around 190.
Ran consistently (not in traffic, not in hot weather) at 185, now runs consistently 192.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see how there is any reason the clutch replacement could make it run rough, or warm.

Is there possible a vacuum line that may of become unattached with the transaxle removal? That's what I would look around for.
I whole-heartedly agree with your first statement.

Vacuum lines and electrical wires have been checked for routing and/or damage.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Ran consistently (not in traffic, not in hot weather) at 185, now runs consistently 192.
You might try bleeding air from the cooling system, in case mechanic didn't get it all.

PS: Mine runs about 185.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine is typically at a steady 186, 182 if it's cold out and I'm on the freeway.
Hmm... for reference. After my header and exhaust install, with the rear panel delete. It's running from 179 (when it's cold), and 180-181 at highway speeds and warm. Traffic is a different story.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine's 192. I don't think 190-200 is that hot at all. Perhaps the ECU flash didn't take correctly? I recommend a reflash. +1 on loose vacuum line. Very hot weather at 210+ is not uncommon as the fans kick-in around there.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
easiest steps 1st.

It's easy enough to bleed air from coolant, at the least it'll eliminate that as a source.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm mentioning the cooling system to them (again) this morning. I don't think they looked at it before, they were so set on it being my intake.

I'm not concerned about the car running 192 degrees. I understand that under 220 is safe in a fuel injected motor. I am concerned that it is now running at that temp with only a clutch replacement, and running rough.

ECU has been changed to Lotus Sport ECU post issue.

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate them!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
maybe overfilled tranny fluid after reinstalling the clutch?

bad flywheel?

bad throw out bearing?

just warmer weather in your area?

im just throwing things out there, let us know how it goes

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lotus regional rep diagnosed catalytic converter! Being replaced now, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dangit, wasn't the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
UPDATE: Broken/Pinched O2 sensor wire. I will not be able to pick it up till Saturday, fingers crossed that it is indeed fixed!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FIXED

Broken wire on the O2 sensor!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts