The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that since I had my car in the shop for clutch replacement it runs warmer (192 vs 185) and has a rough spell every couple minutes even when it's at highway speed.

They updated the ECU when it was in, could this be the cause of my new annoyance?

Someone has mentioned a bubble in the cooling system?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
I have noticed that since I had my car in the shop for clutch replacement it runs warmer (192 vs 185) and has a rough spell every couple minutes even when it's at highway speed.

They updated the ECU when it was in, could this be the cause of my new annoyance?

Someone has mentioned a bubble in the cooling system?
Most modern cars have bleeder screws to evacuate air from the cooling system. This may be in your owner's manual, certainly in the shop manual you can download from Lotus USA (do search).

Yes, air in line would make car run a bit hotter. I could always tell when my Elan had air in the cooling system: when I went around turns the temp gauge would fluctuate pretty widly.

EZ fix.

Whether the ECU changes something when the coolant going past the temp sensore is something I don't know about.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Why did you change the clutch at 11k??

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why did you change the clutch at 11k??
I had an ACT clutch on my Integra Type R so when I got the Elise I always wanted one in it. I did a bit of my usual 'spirited' driving a couple weeks ago and slipped it good in 2nd gear. Never really felt the same since then so that was the excuse I gave the wife. The stock clutch was probably still fine, but after you've driven a car with an ACT clutch it's an addiction that has to be fed. I LOVE IT!

:shift:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still running rough and above the prior N.O.T.

I figured someone on here would have an idea? :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts