The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TireRack has more in stock so better hurry up...I just ordered a set of 205/45/16 and 245/40/17.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered a set as well, even though I just bought a set of R888's from Joe at the Tire Shoppe on Friday. Couldn't pass this up.

I hope this is a good size. The OEM AO48s are 225 in front. Any thoughts on whether the 205s will push with the 245s in the rear?

This has probably been discussed to death on other threads, but I never seem to find an answer to the exact question I'm after.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Bridgestones

205/45-16 and 245/40-17 will be fine------not physically much larger that the OEM YOKO's, they are superb street tires--run more pressure in them. They are also good in the rain.

·
Registered
181 Posts
How much more pressure?

Got the tires mounted up yesterday and can confirm no rubbing. Not much, if any, more road noise than the Kumho ASXs that were on there, and the steering feels a bit lighter and a bit more precise. The rears look a little bit pinched on the wheel; the sidewalls have a definite inward slant vs a straight up and down fit to the wheel. Can't wait to get the tires broken in a bit and push them!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They appear to be out of stock on the 205/45/16 :( I was about to order another set. One thing to note, the tires say "2005 Production". I don't know if that means the tires were manufactured then, or if it was an 05 design. I know these tires are very soft (I have a set) and I can imagine them getting brittle or decomposing a bit in that time.

Also, heres what I paid in 07:
2 205/45ZR-16 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R In Stock $152.00 $304.00
2 245/40ZR-17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R In Stock $165.00 $330.00

·
Registered
181 Posts
They appear to be out of stock on the 205/45/16 :( I was about to order another set. One thing to note, the tires say "2005 Production". I don't know if that means the tires were manufactured then, or if it was an 05 design. I know these tires are very soft (I have a set) and I can imagine them getting brittle or decomposing a bit in that time.

Also, heres what I paid in 07:
2 205/45ZR-16 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R In Stock $152.00 $304.00
2 245/40ZR-17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R In Stock $165.00 $330.00
Call them instead of checking the website. If you want someone specific to talk to, dial 800 -428-8355 ext. 362 and talk to Luke. He is a good guy and will do the best he can, and their computers show stuff that the website doesn't.

They have newer production tires and some old production tires, with the old ones being less expensive. The tires I got were all mid to late 2008 production.

·
Registered
257 Posts
205/45-16 and 245/40-17 will be fine.
Thanks. I didn't think to ask about the production dates. We'll see what I end up with. My price was less than the prices quoted here, so they're likely older tires. Oh, well - this was an experiment, and I may get what I paid for - half-priced tires.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Thanks. I didn't think to ask about the production dates. We'll see what I end up with. My price was less than the prices quoted here, so they're likely older tires. Oh, well - this was an experiment, and I may get what I paid for - half-priced tires.
That's just a good excuse to burn them up quicker! :shift: :clap:

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's just a good excuse to burn them up quicker! :shift: :clap:
As with my misadventures with Porterfield R4-S brake pads, brittle tires will only give me something on which to blame my off-track excursions other than my lack of skill. Yeah, excuses!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts