The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i've been looking for it too, i've found a bunch others in the same "class" but not the lotus specific one yet. I check every walmart i drive past LOL

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I've been looking for it too, I've found a bunch others in the same "class" but not the lotus specific one yet. I check every walmart i drive past LOL
I've been checking regularly too, and haven't seen any of the new Hot Wheels. There's also a new Matchbox that I haven't seen yet either (there's a blue Exige available and a list of cars on the package that includes "Lotus Exige" and another entry for "Lotus").

The Hot Wheels should be hitting the stores soon.

The K-Mart near home has a special "Collectors Event" when the new ones are first delivered. They usually have something about it in their newspaper adds... :shrug:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Great exhibit of Hot Wheels cars including 100's of Hot Wheels and drawings of this Lotus Hot Wheels car at the Peterson Museum, Wilshire & Fairfax, in Los Angeles.

Also Steve McQueen's beautiful Jag is there now...among the rest!

http://www.petersen.org/

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
There's also a new Matchbox that I haven't seen yet either (there's a blue Exige available and a list of cars on the package that includes "Lotus Exige" and another entry for "Lotus").
LOL found that one! I bought one for myself, and another for kestrel as a Christmas present back in december.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I found the new Hot Wheels at a K B Toys store of all places, but unfortunately, not the Lotus one.

I've been looking for a standard Hot Wheels package, but they are different. They are in a package with the words "Designer Challenge" in a "futuristic" font across the the top. The picture on the package is different for each car (shows the car in the package), and they cost $3 (at least at K B Toys). They had the Viper, the Ford "Gangster" car, and the Mitisu. But no of the others yet. At least now I know what the packaging looks like so I'll be able to find the Lotus ones when they are out...

I'll try to remember to take a photo and post it of the three (non-Lotus) that I bought.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've been checking regularly too, and haven't seen any of the new Hot Wheels. There's also a new Matchbox that I haven't seen yet either (there's a blue Exige available and a list of cars on the package that includes "Lotus Exige" and another entry for "Lotus").

The K-Mart near home has a special "Collectors Event" when the new ones are first delivered. They usually have something about it in their newspaper adds... :shrug:
I picked up that Blue Exige at the Reston [Va] Target a month ago...so not too far from you.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I picked up that Blue Exige at the Reston [Va] Target a month ago...so not too far from you.
I've got a couple of the blue ones (it's listed as "Lotus Exige". I'm waiting for the one listed on the back of the package as "08 Lotus" - I don't even know that that is supposed to be (I'm hoping for a Chrome Orange Elise rotfl).

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

I have the 3 blue....common in Iowa, 3 of the chromish yellow, and one of the flake green Exige. I have not been able to duplicate the green exige

I have a couple of Elise s1...Matchbox also.
Several colours of the Lotus sport Elise by hotwheels, and several colours of the 340R. I leave them in the blister pack....deluded as to their future worth :)
m

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I found the new Hot Wheels at a K B Toys store of all places, but unfortunately, not the Lotus one.

I've been looking for a standard Hot Wheels package, but they are different. They are in a package with the words "Designer Challenge" in a "futuristic" font across the the top. The picture on the package is different for each car (shows the car in the package), and they cost $3 (at least at K B Toys). They had the Viper, the Ford "Gangster" car, and the Mitisu. But no of the others yet. At least now I know what the packaging looks like so I'll be able to find the Lotus ones when they are out...

I'll try to remember to take a photo and post it of the three (non-Lotus) that I bought.

those are also the same exact ones i saw at my most recent trip to walmart. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the Lotus

·
Registered
799 Posts
Are you sure you guys are getting the concepts that the manufacturers showed at the SEMA show?

Reason I ask is the first one is supposed to be released in May, and it's the Honda.
Hot Wheels Honda Racer arrives in May. The kid in you is excited - Autoblog
See link above.

As far as the Kmart collector's events go they only happen twice a year now.
(So I was told at the last one) There was one in November. If you've never been to one, it is one hell of an experience, and not a positive one. Plan on going VERY early to get in line if you want to get a case of cars to search thru. You may want to take some protective gear with you and a lot of comon sense.

www.hotwheels.com/40th
You may want to reference site above too if you're looking for these cars specifically.
I can't access it here at work but it is about the hotwheels tour this summer.

Edit:
Sorry I doubted you!
Autoblog must have been incorrect.
I looked on Ebay and it seems the Mitsubishi, Dodge, and Ford are readily available!
I was hoping to get at least 1 of each so I better get out to the stores!
I defintely want the Honda and the Lotus for sure.

·
Registered
799 Posts
That's AWESOME!!

Good find!
I think I'm going out tonight to try to find some!

EDIT:
My brother has informed me that all of these cars (Designer Challenge Series) are being
bought up rather quickly by the crazy collectors. He was parusing the Hot Wheels forum
and discovered this. If you want any of these cars you may want to start looking now!
Apparently they are starting to due some variations on the paint schemes as well with regard
to the original concepts.
If you've never attended 1 of the Kmart Hot Wheels collector events, I can assure you that
these collectors are CRAZY and will buy up all of these cars ASAP!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Anyone else having any success finding any of these cars out there?

Went to Target, Toys R Us, KB toys, and Kmart last night and didn't find any of them!:shrug:

Gonna keep looking!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts