The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Mmm, nachos! Now why did i think of that?

I'm curious what material that insert is made of…

·
Registered
944 Posts
The 2-eleven actually comes from the factory without a rear engine mount cover----they say it's to save weight:rolleyes:

The stock exige/Elise rear mount cover will not fit with 2bular header--guess I need to put something over it....I have innovative A95 mounts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2-eleven actually comes from the factory without a rear engine mount cover----they say it's to save weight:rolleyes:

The stock exige/Elise rear mount cover will not fit with 2bular header--guess I need to put something over it....I have innovative A95 mounts
The heat shield fits with my Forced Fed header.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts

I have a 2bular header and the stock rear mount heat shield fits fine.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Ouch, its gonna be hot out here again tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
holy crap, im going to have to keep an eye on my inserts now... didn't think it got hot enough to do that to them

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
the title made me think we had a controversy in our hands! :) - I have to check my mounts this week - now I'm freaking out...

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Interesting!

Anyone with Manly mounts have the melting issue?
I have the Manly Mounts and have had no issues - and you know I don't have my heat shield because (I'm lazy) lightness, right?

Same as Frank here - track car, nekkid rear end, all the heat shielding is gone. Trunk gets hot but nothing ever goes in there anymore anyway.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I made my own, and I have zero problems with my own. :) I have some extra polyurethane if you are interested.

let me know. I have enough material to do 3 sets of front and rear mounts. :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have the Manly Mounts and have had no issues - and you know I don't have my heat shield because (I'm lazy) lightness, right?

Same as Frank here - track car, nekkid rear end, all the heat shielding is gone. Trunk gets hot but nothing ever goes in there anymore anyway.
+1 Manly mounts and no heat shield, no issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts