The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Hott! Sector111 / Powerflex engine mounts: melted

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  good2go 
#1 ·
Think I shoulda put the heatshield back on?

Me too.

Ugh.

See less See more
#3 ·
The 2-eleven actually comes from the factory without a rear engine mount cover----they say it's to save weight:rolleyes:

The stock exige/Elise rear mount cover will not fit with 2bular header--guess I need to put something over it....I have innovative A95 mounts

#6 ·
Ouch, its gonna be hot out here again tomorrow...

#15 ·
I have the Manly Mounts and have had no issues - and you know I don't have my heat shield because (I'm lazy) lightness, right?

Same as Frank here - track car, nekkid rear end, all the heat shielding is gone. Trunk gets hot but nothing ever goes in there anymore anyway.

#16 ·
I made my own, and I have zero problems with my own. :) I have some extra polyurethane if you are interested.

let me know. I have enough material to do 3 sets of front and rear mounts. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.