The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s going on guys

I am a Celica owner/autocrosser(STS), be nice I'm just a brokea$$ college student trying to have fun with what I got. I am a member over a newcelica.org so I’m not completely new just new here. But that enough about me on to the track day

I have made some calls to Grand Sport Speedway about setting up a private track day for any 1zz/2zz guys. For one day which is 5 20 minute lap sessions, the total cost is $4200. This includes insurance and ambulance costs. So if we have 42 people show up to drive it would be $100 each. You can’t find a better deal anywhere else, if you can please let me know because I will be all over it. I have not set a date yet, because I need to gauge the interest to see how many people are going to show up to determine the costs.

This has been posted on other forums such as newcelica.org, spyderchat.com, Houston-imports.com and so far we have 7 people.

If you’re interested please post your name and car. Thanks

1. Redbull(Travis) – 01 Celica GT

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
42 folks on that track is going to be pretty crowded. If there is a mixture of skills then it is also going to be pretty hazardous.

Any details of run groups, etc., or is it going to be a free for all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree 100 percent about that being too many cars on track at one time. What I would like to see and feel a respectable track would do is too break us up into groups according to drive skill and cars. But let me get a hold of my guy and double check this for y’all. Anymore questions please feel free to ask. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked with my guy and there will be groups with five runs per group. It is up to me to class the cars accordingly and then their (Grandsports) final say. Sound good to yall?

Jasper as of now I am trying to keep this to the 1zz/2zz guys however I do have a feeling that I will need more people. I am just gauging interest now you will be the first I let know when I open it up to other how does that sound you to.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I would be interested depending on the date.. Ive already run Grandsport once and am registered to run with the one of the corvette clubs out there on May 10th.

For those who have not been out to Grandsport its a pretty fun track even though its only about a mile.

P.S. Any more than 10 cars on track at once is going to be crowded, there are only 2 passing zones at Gransport.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey guys, im jesse, and im the guy who got this started rolling, but it is alot of work and redceli has a lil more xperiance with tracking...
so i believe me and him are now working together and pulling in resorces to get this started.
i used to work at GSS
its a decent fun little track. its secluded...

and to chilired, did u run last year with the san antonio/sanjacinto corvette club?
if u did u might remember me. i was the kid on the track with the blue actionpackage celica gt-s... i actually did pretty well on the autox course being my first time on crappy tires. i placed alot higher than i thought i would.
to bad i was in the x-class bymyself...lol
but that sure was a good group of people and cars. keep me updated on the next corrvete club meeting out there.
-jesse

also on another side note...i have already allowed a few other cars to join us but nothing crasy..
i belive a miata, and an ep3, and a turbo s2k, mayby also a good freind of mines 240sx, and mk4gti
its going to be hard to pull out 42 all 1zz and 2zz...

·
Registered
59 Posts
red bull...hey give me a call when u can...
713-569-6097
lest get together and ill get in touch with david andwe will both go out and take a look at the track and facility's, and myaby get some solo 3/4 throttle runs in by ourselves to "test". im sure it will be cool with david.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I checked with my guy and there will be groups with five runs per group. It is up to me to class the cars accordingly and then their (Grandsports) final say. Sound good to yall?
Very good news about the run groups. I'd strongly suggest contacting Paul Kwan (I've PM'd you his email address) as he has two things that could help you out quite a bit: 1) Lots and lots of Lotus contacts in the Houston area 2) Lots of experience running track days including track days at Grandsport.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very good news about the run groups. I'd strongly suggest contacting Paul Kwan (I've PM'd you his email address) as he has two things that could help you out quite a bit: 1) Lots and lots of Lotus contacts in the Houston area 2) Lots of experience running track days including track days at Grandsport.
Awesome man, thank you very much that. We are new at setting up a track day, so we could use all the help we can get a hold of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done. You two should coordinate your communication with him so he doesn't get pulled in two different directions.
We will. He wasn’t a member here, so I asked if he would like for me to spread the word some. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
and to chilired, did u run last year with the san antonio/sanjacinto corvette club?
if u did u might remember me. i was the kid on the track with the blue actionpackage celica gt-s... i actually did pretty well on the autox course being my first time on crappy tires. i placed alot higher than i thought i would.
to bad i was in the x-class bymyself...lol
but that sure was a good group of people and cars. keep me updated on the next corrvete club meeting out there.
-jesse
This will be my first time running with the Corvette club so no I was not at the event you speak of.

·
Registered
274 Posts
cool. the other guys here at the shop collin and jenson would be down to go as well i'm sure. they've each got a good amount of track experience and a pretty quick mkII GTi and GSR swapped civic, respectively.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts