The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in Houston on Monday and wondered if anyone in the area would be interested in dinner. Noting fancy, just an informal get-together to talk cars and eat some good food. Any suggestions?

If time permits, I'd kind of like to get a ride in one of the supercharged cars that I know are in the area (if available). :)

Let me know!

- Allen.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I could probably make it out to dinner on Monday. Ill probably be a bit tired and my car will probably be a bit dirty as I'm running out at TWS on Sat/Sun. I do have a supercharged car and can give you a ride no problem.

BTW, what part of town are you going to be in?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Think we should be able to put something together. Let me know details and I'll try to make it as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm new to the Houston area and hoping to meet a few other enthusiasts. Best I can do is bring my non-SC Elise, but hopefully that's good enough!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be staying around Hobby that evening, but I'd be up for meeting pretty much anyplace. I'm paying Nabors Corporate office a visit in the morning, then will be over by Bush Intercontinental in the afternoon, so since you guys know the area, propose a place to meet, and I'll plug it into the GPS. Probably won't be available to be anywhere before 7:00 or 7:30 if my afternoon goes the way I think it will... Anywho, Barry/Jeff If you want to propose a place, I'm up for anything. Don't worry about ur car being dirty. :) My cell is 717.491.3121. Tim/Jerry, it'd be good to meet you too! The more, the merrier!

- Allen.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
How long you going to be at Nabors? Gonna be around there at lunch time? I'm 2 blocks from the corp office in Greenspoint. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
I live 15 min from Bush airport out in Humble...I would be interested as well if we can meet somewhere on the Northside of town.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Will there be other Loti at TWS? I thought this was a Shelby weekend.

Jerry
I doubt there will be a other Loti at the event, Ill probably be the only one. Not sure how much track time I will get as it looks like there is going to be a lot of rain this weekend.

I'll be staying around Hobby that evening, but I'd be up for meeting pretty much anyplace. I'm paying Nabors Corporate office a visit in the morning, then will be over by Bush Intercontinental in the afternoon, so since you guys know the area, propose a place to meet, and I'll plug it into the GPS. Probably won't be available to be anywhere before 7:00 or 7:30 if my afternoon goes the way I think it will... Anywho, Barry/Jeff If you want to propose a place, I'm up for anything. Don't worry about ur car being dirty. :) My cell is 717.491.3121. Tim/Jerry, it'd be good to meet you too! The more, the merrier!

- Allen.
I will probably need to stick to the north side of town as it may rain on Monday and my tires are going to be below 2/32nds by the time I finished with this weekend.. :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian: I'll likely be tied up over lunch...my meeting will likely keep me detained :(.

Barry: Sounds like it's a north side concensus, then. This will be fine for me, so is there any place you might have in mind? Like I said, something informal, could be a national chain, or a good north side local place - I'm up for anything.

- Allen.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
ah, well have fun with nabors (I work for one of their divisions). I'll probably still meet up with you guys wherever you go that night.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Brian: I'll likely be tied up over lunch...my meeting will likely keep me detained :(.

Barry: Sounds like it's a north side concensus, then. This will be fine for me, so is there any place you might have in mind? Like I said, something informal, could be a national chain, or a good north side local place - I'm up for anything.

- Allen.
You guys can work at a place, the closer to 290 the better as I know my tires are going to be hurting after the weekend.. :) Im running shaved R888's and Sunday will be my 3rd track day on them. Not a good combo with rain..

BTW, about to walk out the door to leave for TWS and wont be back until Sunday night.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
BTW, about to walk out the door to leave for TWS and wont be back until Sunday night.
I'll bring my pom poms and cheer you on thru turn 1 ;)

Hope you don't forget to hook up your chasecam and traqmate so the tribunal can examine your weekend fun.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What type of food do you want? Tons of stuff on 290. I eat just about everything except bait (ie sushi), and eat it normally. Not too much is different to me at long as they have Coronas. :)

Steak, wings, seafood, bbq, mexican.

Link didn't work for me, must be cookie based or something.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Whoa, that's a big radius for restaurants. Goes from 45/belt all the way out 290.

Jeff you got any sugestions? Texas Roadhouse (either one on 290) would probably be ok. Or we could always do the generic Hooters or Fudruckers. If in willowbrook area there is a fox and hound, might be busy with sweet 16 going on though...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Texas Roadhouse is good. Thats one off of Hwy 6 correct?

Keep in mind if you are coming over from Hobby at that time traffic will be brutal from 45 Nb outside of downtown, wb on I10/610 then nw bound on 290.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts