The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have taken the car for long drives, say 3-6 hours, how comfortable are the seats for that extended period of time? How does your back feel after the drive??
Cheers

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Surprisingly, not bad at all, thanks to the lumbar support. Having said that, after driving the Elise, my MR2 feels like a Cadillac!

BTW: my partner refuses to take the Elise on long trips. He doesn't like the seating.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
My lower back started hurting after about an hour, but adjusting my posture and pumping up the lumbar support made the pain go away and the rest of the drive was fine.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I think the most I ever sat in the car at one sitting was 3 hours. It wasn't bad at all. The head rest was a bit bothersome and I would either like it to be angled back a bit or have the whole seat set to tilt back a bit...

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I drove 6 hours straight with only stopping for gas. I had not problems with the seats. In fact, I can truthfully say that long distance drives are more comfortable in the Elise seats than my Audi S4 (for me). I think it's due to the fact the my legs are relatively straight in the Elise which helps blood flow.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
8 hours. No problem.

12 hours. A little discomfort. Starting to sweat where the lumbar bladder is.

16 hours. I wish I could adjust the angle some. Need to switch legs. Press on the accelerator with the left leg.

19 hours. The pain is gone. Just a numb sensation.

:)

The comfort of the seats was never an issue. Truly being in one position for a long time was, but that might have been easier if I had stopped and stretched or rested. I had more discomfort from my right knee gently hitting the shifter housing...which for about 10 hours was no big deal. But after a few more hours... it started hurting.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Two long trips - Chicago to NW Arkansas (650 miles) and a NWA to STL round trip (700 miles) - seats are good, just watch how much you pump up the lumbar support - too much air and the small of your back will let you know about it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how is the overall ride with a passenger while shifting? It seems to me that the driver will be elbowing the passenger, and frequently. at least that happened a lot during my test drive.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
how is the overall ride with a passenger while shifting?
I took at least 6 different people on track in the car and just told them to keep their legs to their right unless they wanted me to punch them when I went into 5th. I never hit anyone the entire day.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Jay said:
how is the overall ride with a passenger while shifting? It seems to me that the driver will be elbowing the passenger, and frequently. at least that happened a lot during my test drive.
I never noticed a problem shifting with a passenger, but I do notice a huge difference in handling and performance with a passenger. Handles and performs much better with driver only, IMO.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I did a 4 hour trip on some pretty bumpy roads last night with my LSS car... wasn't too bad.

My back got a little sore and my hands and forearms had a numb sensation from the constant vibration being sent through the steering wheel, but other than that it was fine :D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
8 hours. No problem.

12 hours. A little discomfort. Starting to sweat where the lumbar bladder is.

16 hours. I wish I could adjust the angle some. Need to switch legs. Press on the accelerator with the left leg.

19 hours. The pain is gone. Just a numb sensation.

:)

The comfort of the seats was never an issue. Truly being in one position for a long time was, but that might have been easier if I had stopped and stretched or rested. I had more discomfort from my right knee gently hitting the shifter housing...which for about 10 hours was no big deal. But after a few more hours... it started hurting.
I never do it, but I've heard that simply stopping, getting out of the car and stretching for a few minutes goes a long way to relieving this type of discomfort. It seems to work when you stop for gas, but with a 300 mile range, that's only every 2 hours for some of you, so it might not be frequent enough. I'm too focused on racking up the miles on a long trip to stop every hour.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Shinoo, are the reverie seats wider through the hip and near the lip of the seat? My legs tend to cross the side bolsters of the seat slightly since I'm tall... have to angle my legs out around the wheel. It's not comfortable for more than about 30 min. to an hour.

Cade

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
ReVerie Seat Dimensions (in mm):
A: External max width at shoulder = 470
B: Seat bottom to mid shoulder = 630
C: External max width at base = 405
D: Inside max width at hips = 325
E: Max height = 920
F: Base length (approx) = 450
G: Back inclination (degrees) = 60

I'd be happy to measure any specific dimensions you need.

·
Registered
971 Posts
KLM said:
Two long trips - Chicago to NW Arkansas (650 miles) and a NWA to STL round trip (700 miles) - seats are good, just watch how much you pump up the lumbar support - too much air and the small of your back will let you know about it.
I concur with the comment on the lumbar support. The first long day I was getting sore. But once I let some air out, I had no problem driving for hours and hours. I did three 500+ mile days in a row and still wanted to get right back the car and keep driving.:clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts