The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

How costly and complex a project would it be to change the interior color of an elise? Has anyone done this?

It seems like it only would mean replacing the seats or hopefully just the seat covers (dont know if thats possible) , and the door panels. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has had made or purchased seat covers that can be put on and taken off relatively easily.

I have magnolia leather and when I am doing AutoX I would like to cover my seats because there are many times when people are jumping in and out of the car and I would like to protect the seats.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hey folks,

How costly and complex a project would it be to change the interior color of an elise? Has anyone done this?

It seems like it only would mean replacing the seats or hopefully just the seat covers (dont know if thats possible) , and the door panels. Am I missing something here? Thanks.
It's fairly easy. Just slide the driver's side seat all the way forward and unplug the wire for seat belt monitor, there's 2 screws in the rear-remove/unscrew, slide seat forward and unscrew 2-screws.

I'd probably start with the center console next to give you more room to maneuver for the passenger seat. The door panels are self explanatory.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
As others have said, it is simple.

A couple of added points. You need to remove and re-attach the seatbelts. Not a big deal, just needs to be done. The rails typically get transferred to the new seats.

Be very careful when threading the bolts into the chassis for the seats. They can cross thread and that is bad.

Make sure you have some long socket extensions. A find a long flexible one also handy for the rear of the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
it's really easy, you need a 6mm hex key to unbolt the seat, a 14mm wrench (i think) for the seat belts and a 3mm hex key for the door cards. It's going to be a lot easier if you also get a ratchet with a 6mm hex fitting, and a bunch of extensions.

damnit, what randy said.

·
Registered
965 Posts
As others have said, it is simple.

A couple of added points. You need to remove and re-attach the seatbelts. Not a big deal, just needs to be done. The rails typically get transferred to the new seats.

Be very careful when threading the bolts into the chassis for the seats. They can cross thread and that is bad.

Make sure you have some long socket extensions. A find a long flexible one also handy for the rear of the passenger seat.
Mr. Randy? Hi, I'm sunny btw, I'm sorta new. But what if he has one of those Harnesses I keep hearing about? Unless I didn't read and he said he has seatbelts specifically, in which case sorry :D

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
There was some sort of super sticky substance on the threads of the inboard hex bolt on the back side of my driver's seat, never was able to get it off, even with enamel reducer. This substance made it VERY tricky to not cross-thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts