The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, most regulars on here know about my possibly buying a Lotus. one of the things i was planning on doing is finding someone that has a Lotus and go and check one out. Indianapolis was the likely destination, but its at least a 2 hour drive, if not 2 1/2 hours.

so, yesterday in my small town, i had two people tell me they saw a yellow Lotus go through. one said it was even stopped at the Dairy Queen, and that it had license plates from Dubois County, which is 20 miles away.

so, the question is, how can i go about finding out who that was? i'd much rather drive 20-30 miles than over two hours to check one out.

anybody have any ideas?

Mike

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
since you already posted here....

you could post on the "Spotted" section of the forum, also ask Lotus owners that are local to you if they know who it was (do this by posting on the local section of the forums).

Other than that you can have your friends keep an eye out for the car and maybe one of them could ask the driver if he is a member of LT. Not all lotus owners are members here...

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Not all lotus owners are members here...
What?! That should be a crime!

I live in a small town and I see a yellow Elise regularily. I post him in the sightings thread all the time. No responses. So, I guess it's true!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Maybe you could put a sign on the road that says, "IF YOU ARE DRIVING A LOTUS, PLEASE STOP HERE!" and then just wait for them to come. If there is a bar or strip club in your town, you may want to check there. Most Lotus owners are inundated by girls trying to get a ride.

If you build it, they will come.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
That's a fairly bold assumption that he is just willing to be your personal dealership experience. The least you could do is put some beer on the line.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
On second thought. Just keep your screen name.

Dont bother starting a new one. You would just ruin that one too.

How old are you. Because your posting comes off as if you were 16.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
On second thought. Just keep your screen name.

Dont bother starting a new one. You would just ruin that one too.

How old are you. Because your posting comes off as if you were 16.
LMAO

rotfl

I still say that ****** should go to the local bar or strip club to find the Lotus because there will be a lot of girls trying to get on the Lotus owner's jock.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
rotfl

.....but be careful of the high winds!!!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
well, if i knew other Lotus owners then i wouldnt have to worry about finding this guy, i could just go to them to check out a Lotus.

Mike

dude, post in your local section....even though no one with a lotus lives in your town maybe someone in your area knows who the guy with the yellow lotus is.

I doubt he will let you drive the car, might give you a ride in his car though.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

I just thought of a way you could get that Lotus to come by your place. here's what you do.

go rent a bunch of 54" fans, then go to the local high school and get as many girls as you can to come to Dairy Queen.

Place all the fans on the side of the road and plug them in to induce a high cross wind situation in the road.

Now, you will need to make a bunch of signs, depending on how many girls you get to hold them for you - be sure they all have on tank tops and daisy dukes or just bikinis... and have them all stand on the side of the road all along where the DQ is... The next time the Lotus drives to the DQ for some Ice Cream, have the girls jump up and down like on the Man Show and wave their signs at the Lotus for a Car Wash.

That would get me to pull right in.

Then, you can ask him if you could drive it. Heck, I would let you drive mine.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Settle down everyone :thwack:

Some comments are bordering on personal attacks which is seriously uncool :mad:

The OP wants to look at an Elise beyond staring at photos. I am, and every true Lotus enthusiast is, delighted to give anyone with even a passing interest a look at the car. Sometimes I'll let people sit in it - others I'll even take for a drive :)

So if you can help the OP please do :up: If you want to sling insults - prepare for a holiday from LT :no:

·
Registered
965 Posts

I just thought of a way you could get that Lotus to come by your place. here's what you do.

go rent a bunch of 54" fans, then go to the local high school and get as many girls as you can to come to Dairy Queen.

Place all the fans on the side of the road and plug them in to induce a high cross wind situation in the road.

Now, you will need to make a bunch of signs, depending on how many girls you get to hold them for you - be sure they all have on tank tops and daisy dukes or just bikinis... and have them all stand on the side of the road all along where the DQ is... The next time the Lotus drives to the DQ for some Ice Cream, have the girls jump up and down like on the Man Show and wave their signs at the Lotus for a Car Wash.

That would get me to pull right in.

Then, you can ask him if you could drive it. Heck, I would let you drive mine.
This is pretty much the greatest advice I could ever hear...:bow:
Regarding the topic, the "Spotted" forum I hear is very good for "Spottings"

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Settle down everyone :thwack:

Some comments are bordering on personal attacks which is seriously uncool :mad:

The OP wants to look at an Elise beyond staring at photos. I am, and every true Lotus enthusiast is, delighted to give anyone with even a passing interest a look at the car. Sometimes I'll let people sit in it - others I'll even take for a drive :)

So if you can help the OP please do :up: If you want to sling insults - prepare for a holiday from LT :no:
I understand and im normally the same way.

But cmon.

Would you really be so welcome to a go from indy with the screen name.

******.....Number 1

That in itself is deemed unapprobiate in my book. Much more than our posts.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It may help if you post what small town you live in. Perhaps there's someone with a lotus much closer to you... A lot of lotuses, especially in the midwest, aren't driven all that often.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It may help if you post what small town you live in. Perhaps there's someone with a lotus much closer to you... A lot of lotuses, especially in the midwest, aren't driven all that often.
true, but i did say Dubois County in the original post. and i reside in the major metropolitan area of Loogootee, IN, population 2,000. its of enough significance in the state of Indiana that it made it into Bob Knight's book.

and by the way, ****** is borrowed from ****** Herzog, former manager of the Cardinals. and when my mother was ill she lived with her sister. the neighbors used to have a dog, sort of a mutt, that would come over and sit next to her outside or on the porch when she was in her wheelchair. the dog was mostly black and white, so we named her ******. i told my mother the next dog i get would be named ******. Anyway, mother passed last October 24th. now you know why i chose ******. if you dont like it, TS, you probably drive a Ford Taurus anyway.

r/Mike

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
the dog was mostly black and white, so we named her ******. i told my mother the next dog i get would be named ******. Anyway, mother passed last October 24th. now you know why i chose ******. if you dont like it, TS, you probably drive a Ford Taurus anyway.

r/Mike
I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom. I meant no ill will toward you or your name. I truly find your posts absolutely hilarious.

In all seriousness, I had a dog named Blackey when I was a kid. She was a sweet little thing. I miss her and my Mom as well.

And with that - I will say that I have no desire to leave the LT forum. I do however wish to thank you for the laughs. My job has been extremely stressful these past few weeks, and these past couple of days here have been quite funny.

I really do drive a Lotus... wouldn't be here otherwise.

Take care.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts