The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Lotus people... (sorry I am just still excited to have one!)

When I got my Lotus the dealer did not detail if it had the sport pack or not. Is there a way to notice visually? The only thing I can say is that it has the black wheels. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
What year is the car?

Do you have a picture?

Can you tell if it has dual oil coolers?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok its a 2006. I will post pics, but I do not know where I would see the dual oil coolers. I will check.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi fellow Lotus people... (sorry I am just still excited to have one!)

When I got my Lotus the dealer did not detail if it had the sport pack or not. Is there a way to notice visually? The only thing I can say is that it has the black wheels. Thanks!
Without seeing pics, here are your scenarios assuming everything on the car is stock:

1. First pic is what Lotus calls Black Pack which gave you a rear black difuser and standard wheels in black but not available with the Sport Pack.

2. Second pic, in mid '05 Lotus ran out of the forged wheels for the Sport Pack and offered, for a limited time only, the Euro Sport Pack wheels found on European Exiges at a $500 discount but seeing that this was offered for late '05 models it may rule it out.

3. The last pic is what you'd find on Exige models (except 260) and this "black" forged wheel was not offered for the Elise unless it was some type of special edition which if you're stating is an '06 then only the Sport Elise had this wheel.

Again, this is assuming the car has not been modified and everything is stock.

Attachments

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Of course you can't tell 100% by just the wheels either....they could have been changed by the PO.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a lot guys. Okay NO dual oil coolers just one on the drivers side vent. So not sport pack. But the wheels are from the "black pack" mentioned above. Guess it was something done by the previous owner since the diffuser is not black either. Thanks for all the information!

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Sport Pack suspension springs also have Zolder printed on them as an additional way to tell if you have the springs and shocks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Regardless of year, if you have 1 oil cooler then you do not have sport pack.
I think the pre-2005 models had two oil coolers, regardless.
Regardless of year, if you have 1 oil cooler you do not have sport pack. Early 2005 models with 2 oil coolers may or may not have sport pack... has nothing to do with cars with 1 oil cooler.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Regardless of year, if you have 1 oil cooler you do not have sport pack. Early 2005 models with 2 oil coolers may or may not have sport pack... has nothing to do with cars with 1 oil cooler.
Correct but...

One oil cooler cars do not have the Sport Pack.

'05 Two oil cooler cars may or may not have the Sport Pack - All early '05s had dual oil coolers no matter if they were Sport Pack or Base. Later '05s only had two oil coolers on Sport Pack cars.

Two oil cooler cars '06 and newer are Sport Pack (or "better" - Track Pack, etc.).

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
2. Second pic, in mid '05 Lotus ran out of the forged wheels for the Sport Pack and offered, for a limited time only, the Euro Sport Pack wheels found on European Exiges at a $500 discount but seeing that this was offered for late '05 models it may rule it out.
Do you know the dimensions or weight of those wheels? I like them.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
And to confuse things even more, a number of people that had cars with one cooler have added a second one.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Originally Posted by LotinElite
Correct but...

One oil cooler cars do not have the Sport Pack.

'05 Two oil cooler cars may or may not have the Sport Pack - All early '05s had dual oil coolers no matter if they were Sport Pack or Base. Later '05s only had two oil coolers on Sport Pack cars.

Two oil cooler cars '06 and newer are Sport Pack (or "better" - Track Pack, etc.).
I agree!

Remind me to never ask you guys for help on a Boolean problem.

·
Registered
430 Posts
And to confuse things even more, a number of people that had cars with one cooler have added a second one.
And even more confusing is that I have an early 05 with two oil coolers that didn't come with the sport pack, but have since added the sport suspension and wheels essentially making it a sport pack. rotfl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts