The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
2006 Exige
1,312 Posts
The body is wafer-thin, but I can't see how cracks could form in that location my themselves. Any chance you live in a college town where bimbos sit on the clam and take selfies when it's parked?
This reminds me of when I was in college, I went to my car (not a Lotus) one day and saw footprints running up the front, over the roof, onto the wing and off the car. Luckily no damage, but that made me mad. I know people sit on cars too for pictures or whatever. The Elise is one car I would not want anyone putting their weight on. Evenly distributed though, as the downforce is, the body can take it.

So yeah, my vote is that something caused that minor damage on your front clam. It is hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like at the end of the crack there is a small piece missing as well. ?? Maybe it got bumped when it was off of the car or even damaged when removing/installing it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.