The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my stupid rear view off this am before I left for work, put the paint can opener in and crack.... arrrgh. I'm a moron. Now my Micro Mirror is going to end up costing at least 500$ more than what it should have. :sad:
Oh well, live in learn kids.
sorry, just had to rant kinda.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ouch

rotfl:panic:Well alll of us do Stupid things in life. And I live by the Slogan " Who says Dumbs are Blond.?? Cause I is One..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Stories like this are the main reason I still have the monster rear-view mirror.
Me too. Scared to death of turning an inexpensive upgrade into a major expense.

That's amazing how easily it cracked. Looks like I'll be keeping the stock drive-in movie sized mirror for awhile longer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cost me $900 and a lot of pride when I did mine, but I finally did get that little mirror on. See its not all bad:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used a bike tire tool (plastic) and a wrench to tap on it.

Took a good 10-15 minutes, but it came out with very very little force applied.

Just pushed the tool under the pin to release the tension, tap tap tap, reposition the tool, tap tap tap. Very very little lever force applied to it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good news is that, in theory, the crack can be filled by the auto glass place. Will know for sure tomorrow. No deductible if that happens, if so then I guess it's a pay to play deal.
I should bust the camera out and get a pic of it.. just we can reference it for the future.

·
Registered
470 Posts
dont feel bad. i cracked mine also. $500 deduct and it was fixed. decided to just leave the mirror off after all. i like it so much better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts