The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds obvious, but it's not as easy as you think. Here's what happened. My car was invoiced and stickered with the Sport Pack. However, it arrived with the standard wheels on it. So, somewhere along the line Lotus messed up. The question is, did they mess up before or after installing the shocks/springs.

Lotus is saying they do not know for sure and the best remedy would be to send out an entire new sport package with all of the parts and fit it at the dealer. Rather than wait for them to do this, I have opted to simply get refunded the $2500 that the package costs.

However, I'd love to know if i have the LSS or not. Is there any way i can tell?

-Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
You can check ride height for one thing.

Measure how far off the level ground the bottom a point on the car is.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy Chase said:
You can check ride height for one thing.

Measure how far off the level ground the bottom a point on the car is.
there's only a 5mm difference though right? Probably not enough to make that a great method.

I just measured though. From the ground to the bottom of the rectangular place where i guess the front plate would go is just over 6.75". Does that help anyone?

-Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
And mine is exactly at 6.5"

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
the eibach springs will have their spring rates on the coils. The LSS has stiffer springs, can't remember exact rates. next i would get the part number off of the dampers becasue they are valved differently as well. The dealer should be able to provide comparative part numbers. I would have accepted the deduction and kept the car as well, but I would also have asked for sport wheels, that way if your car is lss you can convert and sve yourself $2500;)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
A closeup picture of the suspension that Stan posted the other day showed the part number on one of the springs. You could check if your springs have the same number.

For comparing ride height, it's probably more accurate to measure from fender lip to wheel center. If you measure from the ground, it depends on how much air you have in the tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts