The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my front yard there's 2 crab apple trees that drop a ton of fruit which I have to pick up. I don't want to pick them up but if I don't they rot and smell horrible.

Is there anything I can do to make them stop growing fruit besides killing them (renting the house therefore not my trees)?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I heard if you prune the tree, it will produce less apples.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
There is something you can spray them with, but I forget what it is called. I used to work for a school district and we sprayed the crab apple trees so they wouldn't get apples and the kids couldn't throw them. I'm thinking we sprayed right after the tree bloomed.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Looking at the charliex link....Yes, it was 'Sevin' that we used.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
So in my front yard there's 2 crab apple trees that drop a ton of fruit which I have to pick up. I don't want to pick them up but if I don't they rot and smell horrible.

Is there anything I can do to make them stop growing fruit besides killing them (renting the house therefore not my trees)?
Not going to be help at all, but I have two apple trees in my back yard - one crap apple and one regular apple. I have no problems with excess fruit simply because the deer come out of the woods and eat all the apples. Nature takes car of it for me... :D

Maybe you can encourage the deer into your yard? Of course then they also eat all the tomato plants my wife tries to grow. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts