The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting a phone call tomorrow when I'll find out about a possible new job. When I interviewed for the position, it looked like there could be a possibility to telecommute and not have to move. Someone on the inside clued me in that they decided against the remote work relationship so I sent an email offering to relocate.

If they make a decent offer, I'd like to take my Elise.

Has anyone shipped a car from the mainland to Hawaii?

Any recommendations for shippers?

What should I expect it to cost?

Or... should I just drive? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
874 Posts
It' DEFINITELY possible, I dont think it'll cost 2 much tho.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good time to test if you got one of the underwater cars...

While I was there for the interview, I dropped in on a guy I met in another vehicle forum (FlyTheRoad -- Venture Vehicles). He's actually building a submarine. He showed me a scale model and a few of the full-size components.

·
Registered
140 Posts
:shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,713 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Problem is that unless you like this car, they have nothing else in stock.

Elise S/C
-Arctic Silver/Red
-Hard Top
-Star Shield
-Traction Control
-Touring Pack
the lotus dealer on oahu charges like 5k OVER msrp so it is way better to buy one on the mainland and ship it here, BMCD and Boardwalk quoted me about $1050

·
Registered
431 Posts
the lotus dealer on oahu charges like 5k OVER msrp so it is way better to buy one on the mainland and ship it here, BMCD and Boardwalk quoted me about $1050
Are they still doing that? I remember that was a practice of theirs when the car first came out and continued that way of business up until '07 but, thought they changed their ways :shrug:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts