The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my Evora last night. And I've read the alpine manuals. And I can't find out how to set up the Bluetooth at all. And I did search here but dang. Couldn't find a step by step instruction. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but didn't help. Nice overview of features but no setup info. I don't see anywhere an option for the Bluetooth setup or pairing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
So I picked up my Evora last night. And I've read the alpine manuals. And I can't find out how to set up the Bluetooth at all. And I did search here but dang. Couldn't find a step by step instruction. Any help would be appreciated.
First get your menus activated:

footbrake
handbrake
release footbrake
footbrake
release handbrake
handbrake
release footbrake

On the 900 head unit:

press SOURCE to get the source selection screen
press the wrench/spanner icon to get the setup main screen
press >> of Source Setup to get the source setup screen
press >> of BLUETOOTH Setup to get the bluetooth setup screen

You should be able to find it now.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks but didn't help. Nice overview of features but no setup info. I don't see anywhere an option for the Bluetooth setup or pairing.

Just go into bluetooth settings as he did in the video and ensure your smartphone is set to "discover" mode in bluetooth. Your Alpine unit will issue a passcode that you will then enter into the phone. That should pretty much pare the two devices.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony - that worked!!! Is that documented anywhere? I looked through everything and couldn't find that insane dance of brake and handbrake.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2011 Chrome Orange - Yeah - I have those instructions. Can't follow them if the menu selections aren't available. I did the steps listed above with the foot brake and hand brake and they all appeared. Took 2 minutes after that to pair.

I couldn't find the sequence anywhere in the documentation.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Tony - that worked!!! Is that documented anywhere? I looked through everything and couldn't find that insane dance of brake and handbrake.
INA-W900 manual, multiple places under setup, pages 50-58.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KCZ - I rechecked my documentation. Previous owner only had the Quick Reference Guide for the receiver. Guess I need to download the full manual. Thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
FYI

If you want to have your setup menus available all the time, install a PAC TR-7 Trigger module. This fakes out the Alpine brake sequence. $20 on Amazon.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok - It recognizes my phone. Sort of. I can stream music via bluetooth. I can even make a call from my phone and it plays over the speakers and the MIC works. But if I choose phone from the SOURCE panel it comes up for a moment and says NO PHONE. It hasn't downloaded my address book or anything. I can see my phone in the bluetooth setup menu, I can see it lists my provider as AT&T but I can't seem to get it to show up without me initiating a call from the phone itself.

Any ideas?
The firmware on the unit is 251

1 - 15 of 15 Posts