The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to spray some Frigi-Fresh on the evap. coils to remove the musty smell but I have no clue what it looks like nor do I know how ot get to it. Can someone help please? thanks!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Remove passenger side access panel. Pull off the large hose (called trunking) that connects the climate chamber to the air distribution unit. You should be able to see the evaporator.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Remove passenger side access panel. Pull off the large hose (called trunking) that connects the climate chamber to the air distribution unit. You should be able to see the evaporator.
What he said. If you see the heater core instead, go inside and switch temp control knob to other direction to move the flap.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
while your at it, get a little bit of "duct work insulation" fiber on one side, mylar on the other. wrap the trunk, mylar out... every little bit helps... drill out the blank off panel in the pedal box for even more air, and tape up the fresh air inlets behind the grill in the crash structure during hot months. - if you have A/C performance issues - these help.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advance fellas. I took the access panel off and I see the trunking, but I'm not sure how to get it off (and more importantly get it back on). Any thoughts?

I never thought about insulating the trunking but that's a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
mine was was just stuffed in there...

wait - that didn't sound good at all

on my car the trunking was simply slipped on at both ends - just tug on it and it comes out...

Drat! that sounded even worse!!!

i wrapped it with insulation, leaving about 3/4" short on either end to allow room to tape off the ends. there is not a lot of room in there - so don't go crazy and wrap it thick. remember insulation works best not by density, but by fluffy space.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i gotcha, but I can't necessarily see it. I took out the front passenger side finning too. I'm assuming I just spray into the tunnel? I can't "see" the evaporator coils.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts