The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I`ve been checking out the forum for like 6 months, and finaly got my 06 elise, so I joined the forum finaly lol.

i`m having a small problem with my door. I was playing around with the keys and fob in the passenger door. Now I can`t get the door to open from the out side?:shrug: I can unlook it with the FOB and the lock on the door pops up, but I can still only open it from the inside. I tryed the key again and no luck.

How do I reset the locks so I can open the door again? it`s getting old pretty fast.

PS i`m also looking for a exhaust and a deck if anyone has anything decent for sale.

thanks

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If you lock it with the key, you have to unlock it with the key. As jasper said. USE THE KEY.

It can be a handy feature if you want to lock the doors (using the key) without setting the alarm.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The power locks and the key lock work independant of each other. As it is right now, when you are pushing the outside "button", you feel little to no resistance because the mechanism is disengaged. Use the key to turn the external key lock and then pull the key out. Now when you push the external "button", you should feel the resistance of the mechanism and the door should open.

EDIT: As everyone else above said!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
He said he tried the key.
Maybe he accidentally locked it again when removing the key. If you have to insert the key vertically, then it is currently locked. If you have to insert the key horizontally, it is already unlocked. To insure it is unlocked on the outside, pull the key out when it is horizontal.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Also, your caps lock key is probably on the left side of your keyboard. It needs to be unlocked, too.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I had this happen to me this weekend, the valet guy tried to get into my car for some reason.

Think of the lock with the key as a mail box lock. its not like other cars where the key returns to the neutral position. Put the key in turn it until it is horizontal, leave it there and then pull the key out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about the cap lock ( work with CAD all day )

so yeserday I checked the lock and it was vertical, I put it horizontal, but it still wouldn`t open, not even from inside anymore...mess around with it some more and finaly got it to work normal again.

thanks for the help guys.

and sorry to start here with such a stupid question.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
ok so i've never used my key for the door keyhole and i just took the car out for a spin...i didnt like the area i was driving so i reached in front of the shiftbox and pressed the switch for the doors to lock.

i got home and pulled into the garage and the switch wouldnt open the doors when i pressed it towards the left...i had to manually lift up the door locks.....anyone else know anything about this problem?

·
Registered
319 Posts
ok so i've never used my key for the door keyhole and i just took the car out for a spin...i didnt like the area i was driving so i reached in front of the shiftbox and pressed the switch for the doors to lock.

i got home and pulled into the garage and the switch wouldnt open the doors when i pressed it towards the left...i had to manually lift up the door locks.....anyone else know anything about this problem?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having the same problem currently.

I can lock the doors with the key fob button and the button inside the car, however the doors won't unlock with either the key fob button or the button inside. When I press the key button, the knobs move alittle like it is trying to open them but it just doesn't have enough juice. When I hit the button on the shifter to unlock, nothing happens.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

I can lock the doors with the key fob button and the button inside the car, however the doors won't unlock with either the key fob button or the button inside. When I press the key button, the knobs move alittle like it is trying to open them but it just doesn't have enough juice. When I hit the button on the shifter to unlock, nothing happens.

Some cars choose their drivers rotfl

·
Registered
612 Posts

yep....thats whats happening...i havent gotten around to removing the console around the stick shift to see if there is a connection that came loose for the opening of the doors.

·
Registered
319 Posts
But that shouldn't impact the using the Key button should it? I wouldn't think the two are linked? They are "connected" just not linked?

I wonder if it's a battery issue, where closing the doors takes less energy then unlocking them??? Throwing out anything at this point.

Are there two fuses, one for open and one for close?

·
Registered
612 Posts
But that shouldn't impact the using the Key button should it? I wouldn't think the two are linked? They are "connected" just not linked?

I wonder if it's a battery issue, where closing the doors takes less energy then unlocking them??? Throwing out anything at this point.

Are there two fuses, one for open and one for close?
my battery is hooked up to a battery tender every night for the past 3 yrs....my battery should always be good.

·
Banned
874 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts