The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
US Gumball...not Europe. Im serious. How do you enter? How much is it? and would anyone be interested?

There is another "all out " race that started in Las Vegas I think...but I cant think of the name of it? Anyone?

I would love to do a race like this. One Lap is cool too but I think it costs a fortune to enter.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im very interested. I think there used to be an official homepage but I cant find it now.

When does the race take place, etc etc.

Entry fee could possibly be covered by sponsors if I had time to organize.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It starts in Paris this year. :(

I'll have to wait for it to come back to the states.

Entry fee's are 3000 but include lodging for two etc....

I signed up for their mailings etc.

I swear I will do this.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: Re: How do you enter the Gumball 3000? How much? and who wants to do it?

BrianK said:
http://www.silverstateclassic.com/

... as fast as you can go on public roads, and it's perfectly legal. ;)

Looks kinda fun.
And they do a good job of organizing it. I.e. one year a couple of guys showed up in a Lincoln MK VIII and were arguing what to load in the CD changer while the more serious contenders were dealing with real race issues. They keep the racers away from the crowd that's there to enjoy. Last time I looked into it they had serious requirements, i.e. harnesses, steering wheel diameter etc. for the upper categories.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, silverstate is the one I was thinking of too....

I got this today from Gumball.

Hi Jennifer

We are unable to provide you with information about the next US Gumball as of yet, but we are hoping to come back in 2005 all details will be confirmed once we have completed the 2004 Rally. I will keep your details on file and forward you all of the information as soon as its available.

Kind regards

Gumball HQ

They also sent me info on the europe gumball for 2004...entry fee is 8000 pounds!!!! What is that US? Thats getting too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Was talking to a fellow with a 360 Modena who said he did the Gumball last run. Claimed he did a few days in jail for speeding. Could be FOS, but I'd be prepared to hire a lawyer, and I could see it getting very expensive. Not worth surrendering your license when there are so many legal racing venues

Silver state is a good one, as is Carrera Panamericana. Both are on my 'to do' list

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ms. Miata,

I would like to entre the gumball also. I cant imagine this rally being too expensive. I knew of a bmw team that spend 9k total including a few traffic tickets, all which was paid for by there sponsors. They claimed it was an event they would never forget and it was basicly free.

Adam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts