The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Imperial Blue Leather Interior would be very unique and cool. It reminds me of the Maserati MC-12. I was thinking about just ordering an imperial blue premium pack or the imperial blue premium sport pack. I like the Carbon grey exterior with it. What are your thoughts? Anybody have personal pictures of it?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I think the Imperial Blue Leather Interior would be very unique and cool. It reminds me of the Maserati MC-12. I was thinking about just ordering an imperial blue premium pack or the imperial blue premium sport pack. I like the Carbon grey exterior with it. What are your thoughts? Anybody have personal pictures of it?
No one has ordered the Imperial Blue with the Carbon Grey and while I'm one of the boldest dealers when it comes to color combinations, I don't think that combo would look great :shrug: That said, you can do whatever your hearts desire but for now, I think Aspen White w/Imperial Blue looks the best...hint, hint ;)

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Growing up my parents had a 1976 Pontiac LeMans Safari Station Wagon with a very similar blue interior. Not exactly chick magnet. That car tainted my opinion of blue interiors.
So I'm going to shy away from the color;)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I really liked the imperial blue on the aspen white in person (more than I thought I would,) but agree that the carbon grey would probably not look quite right.

Might be able to pull it off with frost blue, but not sure. But at the end of the day you can order the car however you like and that is a very nice thing!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
had a 525 and a 635 with blue interiors. Looked great. 525 was ice blue and 635 was white - as Abe says, hint hint. White and blue is a great combo.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
If white/blue is nice which, of course it is, look at Starlight Black and Blue.
Never having seen that interior, I'd always wondered how it would match the Persian Blue exterior??? Complimentary or clash??

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
If white/blue is nice which, of course it is, look at Starlight Black and Blue.
Never having seen that interior, I'd always wondered how it would match the Persian Blue exterior??? Complimentary or clash??
I remember receiving a car from Lotus back in 05 that a client had backed out of from a different dealer and it was magnetic blue with blue interior...not the best color combo but someone eventually bought it..

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Sorry, but Carbon Grey MUST have the oxblood red color. LOVE that.

Blue interior just looks fakey to me. Never liked.

I just think certain cars are MEANT to have specific color interiors. For example:

Yellow Car - black interior
Red car - tan interior
Carbon Grey - oxblood red interior
Navy Blue - tan interior

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Sorry, but Carbon Grey MUST have the oxblood red color. LOVE that.

Blue interior just looks fakey to me. Never liked.

I just think certain cars are MEANT to have specific color interiors. For example:

Yellow Car - black interior
Red car - tan interior
Carbon Grey - oxblood red interior
Navy Blue - tan interior

Innovation can have its virtues. Those color combinations are all beautiful but after a while , a bit redundant.
My x5 is an example. Vermillion Red paint but instead of the usual Sandy Beige (you know always looks dirty) we ordered the Cinnamon Brown. All staff etc checked it out at delivery and love it so much so they mentioned it to other buyers as an option they've seen that looks fabulous and unique.

LRG Elise with red leather!!! Blue no way.
Blue is such a hard color to match that is why it would have to be a leather color to specifically match a paint. Can't remember but I've seen several blue interiored Nobles all very nioce. Sti's managed to use blue leather on all their colors--also very nice. Yellow with a blue leather can be quite sharp.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Innovation can have its virtues. Those color combinations are all beautiful but after a while , a bit redundant.
My x5 is an example. Vermillion Red paint but instead of the usual Sandy Beige (you know always looks dirty) we ordered the Cinnamon Brown. All staff etc checked it out at delivery and love it so much so they mentioned it to other buyers as an option they've seen that looks fabulous and unique.

LRG Elise with red leather!!! Blue no way.
Blue is such a hard color to match that is why it would have to be a leather color to specifically match a paint. Can't remember but I've seen several blue interiored Nobles all very nioce. Sti's managed to use blue leather on all their colors--also very nice. Yellow with a blue leather can be quite sharp.
I used to have a Space Grey X5 with black interior. I'll never do that again. Black interior on a dark car is just boring. I like contrast.

Whatever you do, never do this:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
If you are really into blue, maybe think about doing the stitching in blue...I am in agreement with the other guys about a full blue interior would be a little rough but again it would be unique.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
I used to have a Space Grey X5 with black interior. I'll never do that again. Black interior on a dark car is just boring. I like contrast.

Whatever you do, never do this:

WOW!! That requires sunglasses at night!:crazyeyes

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
See if you can find a pic of James May's Porsche, which is white with a blue interior. It looks very sharp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 12` frost blue with imp. blue int. Evora S was delivered 4 weeks ago and I still enjoy the paint / leather / dash gunmetal combination I ordered before. I agree with Abe that the white exterior would match the blue int. very well (that might have been my second choice).
The color itself is not that dark as featured in the Evora brochure (even in the print version - looks the same as on homepage).
I know that the combination choosen by me is not very common - but: I like it - that is enough for me.....I think it should really depend on your taste. I also would keep in mind that the different leather colors have a different "look" depending on the metal that is in the interior, silver or gunmetal. For example: I think the silver dash looks great with the cacoa leather but I am not quite so sure if it would work with a gunmetal dash.
But the Evora is such a great car - it is hard to find a color that does not suit it.......Just my 2p.

Some pics to illustrate:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
VERY nice combo!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I like blue. Agree, not for CG (and exterior is more important to me than interior), but with many other combinations. Sed to have a polar blue Elise with blue Alcantara interior, looked ace. New Boxster also has a very nice blue interior.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts