The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Elise owners; how do you like it? ,Does it ever get old? , what are some interesting and/or bad things about the Elise? The Elise is my favourite car by far however, i am much to young to afford one, so i am interested to see how real owners like it.

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC Type 25 Jim Clark
533 Posts
Love it so much I got another one :). If you can sacrifice practicality, nothing beats it. Road-holding abilities, tactility, and looks - it really is a race car you can drive on the road.

Years ago I asked my financial advisor when is the best time for me to purchase a home. His answer: yesterday. The market is responding to these cars because there will never be anything like it made again due to modern regulations and electrification.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise Krypton Green
14 Posts
I think this will sum it up for most of us:

The taller guy with the longer hair, Todd, loved driving the Elise so much that he actually bought one!

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Original owner since 2006.

Every time is an amazing drive, very raw in nature (it is a car made for the track after all and happens to be street legal) . I love this car. It is like no other sportscar I have ever driven and I tried a lot of cars in '05 and early '06 before settling on this one. I used to track a rwd '77 Celica before the Elise and its everything I tried to make the Celica to be.

If your ever raced indoor karts at k1 speed it will give you a good idea of the handling feel of these cars.

Agree with Holy BRG! on his points above!

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
The Elige will ruin you for any other sports car. At any price. Even the Emira.

·
Registered
748 Posts

Just as much fun for a fraction of the price. The Elise to me is a baby Ferrari but without all the maintenance costs. Has amazing looks and handles llike a dream.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've owned my 2005 since early 2007 when it had only 2,000 miles on it. Great car that's like nothing else out there and the likes of it will not come this way again. Some may argue to the contrary, but for me it's not a good daily driver. I enjoy mine on weekends on sunny days. I hope to drive it more during retirement, which is coming up soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had my elise for a little over 2 years and I love it. There is nothing that is as pure and exhilarating to drive. In order to weigh what it does it sacrifices comfort with a lot of road noise and you hear some squeaks and rattles. But just drive it with the roof off and use the loud pedal and that all goes away.

·
Registered
2005 BR Elise
42 Posts
I have only had my Elise a short time but it is by far the most engaging vehicle I have ever owned. I often find myself wanting to get in and just drive...somewhere, anywhere. The destination does not matter. And I honestly do not see that ever getting old, at least until I am too old to fold myself into the driver's seat.

The main bad thing is that after an hour or two I have to pause, and give my backside a short break. A plushy touring car it is not.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Elise Storm Titanium
15 Posts
Just picked one up. Only have had it a couple weeks. It's a very approachable to car to sort through and mod/repair yourself. I came from a 2005 Porsche 911s to the Elise and LOVE the way the Elise drives, feels, handles. Not to mention parts and upgrades are 1/4 the cost of Porsche. Being 6'3'' the car is surprisingly roomy and comfortable.... getting in and out I just look a little silly but its worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't stopped loving it yet. It brings a smile to my face and many others. I go to every car meet I can and it will get the same if not more attention than everything there regardless of price. I do track and autox events as much as I can. There is always a line of people from all ages and backgrounds waiting to go on a ride along. This car is so special and unique. Keep saving and get one if you can. You won't regret it

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had mine for 2 years and 20,000 miles later, I still love it. I'm 5' 11" 275lbs, but I have no problem getting in and out, even "gracefully." I would daily the thing if I had a spare Elise to keep as a garage queen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my 2008 Elise California SC almost two years...
I love it!
Cannot imagine ever being without her!

I must admit that I am a little concerned as prices rise that god forbid anything ever happened to her.
Had a lot of work done recently that the previous owner neglected and was not serviced regularly, Little by little getting her back up to better condition than ever. 61,500 miles on the clock at the moment and will be upgrading the radio in the next week or two. Did a lot of the suspension work myself except for the tie rods and toe links (had the dealer do those with the alignment), even removed the clam and installed the upgraded radiator! New tires and had the wheels stripped and powder coated. Only transport her with am enclosed trailer for long distances (highway driving is no fun or safe being so low) between our two places or longer trips (not a fan of rain).

We are awaiting new S3 mesh scoops and a front splitter. Still many little things to do but we are enjoying her every now and then between all the rain we have been experiencing here in the New England area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've had my 2008 Elise California SC almost two years...
I love it!
Cannot imagine ever being without her!

I must admit that I am a little concerned as prices rise that god forbid anything ever happened to her.
Had a lot of work done recently that the previous owner neglected and was not serviced regularly, Little by little getting her back up to better condition than ever. 61,500 miles on the clock at the moment and will be upgrading the radio in the next week or two. Did a lot of the suspension work myself except for the tie rods and toe links (had the dealer do those with the alignment), even removed the clam and installed the upgraded radiator! New tires and had the wheels stripped and powder coated. Only transport her with am enclosed trailer for long distances (highway driving is no fun or safe being so low) between our two places or longer trips (not a fan of rain).

We are awaiting new S3 mesh scoops and a front splitter. Still many little things to do but we are enjoying her every now and then between all the rain we have been experiencing here in the New England area.

View attachment 1292607
Nice!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Saw one in a Disney World parking lot while on vacation back in 2007. Was immediately blown away. Took my picture standing next to it. Came home and did some research, realised I had to have one.. Seven years later I had the cash and jumped in. It did not disappoint! Awesome little car, especially on smooth, twisty roads. Unfortunately I didn't get as much use out of it as I wanted, living so far north. It stayed in the garage 7 months of the year. The roads here are just awful, and the Elise is uncompromising. Searching for something more comfortable for a person of my age... I recently traded it in on an Evora (after 6.5 years of ownership). Also a great car, but much, much different. NOTHING attracts attention like an Elise, especially a brightly-coloured one. Be prepared. I loved that little car but it was time to move on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts