The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Elise, 2017 Evora 400
50 Posts
I drove my Elise every day for 11 years. I still have it, but I got an Evora 400 for may daily driving. The Elise is an amazing car, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to part with it.

·
Registered
Elise SC - SOLD
24 Posts
From the perspective of someone who sold theirs here is my experience. Yes it does many of the things claimed, handles like a dream, truly unique drive feel and experience. You'll have a lot of fun on some twisty roads. Unfortunately outside of those twisty roads for me the fun stopped. No matter how "good" you get at getting in and out it will never be easy when the top is on. The cockpit feels really special at first simply because of how small and focused it is, but when that wears out you only notice how kit car it looks and feels. Finding someone who will change your oil for less than $500 can be a challenge (I'm not a DIY'er). To be completely honest, the acceleration just felt underwhelming (and mine was supercharged). The car's sole purpose is to be driven (which can be pro or a con depending on your expectation)
Just remember that everyone's experience is highly dependent on their unique situation. There is no denying that the Elise is a fantasic car, and the right person will love and enjoy it through all of the flaws. This forum is primarily people who were right for the Elise. But also remember there is a reason why many of these cars have 6, 7, 8 previous owners. The Elise is not for everyone. No car is! So while you can read all the info and get all the owner feedback (just like I did), you won't actually know if it is right for you until you drive one.
Also, my intention here was not to bash the car. It was still a fun car and an awesome experience. But here on the forum pros of the Elise are easy to come by, I just wanted to offer some of the reasons why someone personally didn't fall in love with the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
From the perspective of someone who sold theirs here is my experience. Yes it does many of the things claimed, handles like a dream, truly unique drive feel and experience. You'll have a lot of fun on some twisty roads. Unfortunately outside of those twisty roads for me the fun stopped. No matter how "good" you get at getting in and out it will never be easy when the top is on. The cockpit feels really special at first simply because of how small and focused it is, but when that wears out you only notice how kit car it looks and feels. Finding someone who will change your oil for less than $500 can be a challenge (I'm not a DIY'er). To be completely honest, the acceleration just felt underwhelming (and mine was supercharged). The car's sole purpose is to be driven (which can be pro or a con depending on your expectation)
Just remember that everyone's experience is highly dependent on their unique situation. There is no denying that the Elise is a fantasic car, and the right person will love and enjoy it through all of the flaws. This forum is primarily people who were right for the Elise. But also remember there is a reason why many of these cars have 6, 7, 8 previous owners. The Elise is not for everyone. No car is! So while you can read all the info and get all the owner feedback (just like I did), you won't actually know if it is right for you until you drive one.
Also, my intention here was not to bash the car. It was still a fun car and an awesome experience. But here on the forum pros of the Elise are easy to come by, I just wanted to offer some of the reasons why someone personally didn't fall in love with the car.
Thanks for the interesting take!

·
Registered
487 Posts
What is this "like" you speak of?

Only one L word, even when it's annoying while working in it!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts