The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god the Elise will be sold at MSRP (hopefully). How would someone go about getting invoice prices for exotics? Are exotic car dealers willing to negotiate? How much would one expect to pay for a car if they know what the invoice is (not referring to a car that is in demand)?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
You do it the same way you do any other car. Knowledge is power, find out what the cost of the car is through one of many sources (www.kbb.com, et all), and try to find out what hidden rebates are out there. Decide what you will pay over their cost and start there. I once sat for over 3 hours calling Porsche dealers (there are over 200 in the US) to find a dealer that would do the deal I wanted...

The book "The Millionare Next Door" talks about sending a fax to every dealer in your area telling them what you want and asking them to send you their "best and final" price. I have done that too but prefer a more direct approach.

That being said, you can expect to pay sticker for an Elise, or more, during the first year of production imo. If one dealer is having touble selling their allocation they may just move the unsold inventory to another dealership...

Good luck.
Roy

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I wouldn't expect paying anything but what the sticker price (including markup) says for a new Elise the first year and maybe the second year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts