The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the rear clam and have arrived at the point the speaker surround needs to be removed. Unfortunately the harness bar runs right through it. I know this has to be simple, but not simple enough for me.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,372 Posts
Remove the harness bar. There is not much room for the socket and ratchet so use a low profile one if you have it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
You don’t have to remove the harness bar. For the difficult screws I used a short Phillips head “bit” (with a hex end), but instead of putting it in a drill or socket handle, I used a small closed end wrench to turn the bit (SAE, but I forget what size). Make sense? It’s like a very short, right angled screwdriver. If you put a little tape on the hex end of the Phillips bit you can jam it into the wrench so it doesn’t fall out.

HTH, -Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,372 Posts
You don’t have to remove the harness bar. For the difficult screws I used a short Phillips head “bit” (with a hex end), but instead of putting it in a drill or socket handle, I used a small closed end wrench to turn the bit (SAE, but I forget what size). Make sense? It’s like a very short, right angled screwdriver. If you put a little tape on the hex end of the Phillips bit you can jam it into the wrench so it doesn’t fall out.

HTH, -Ed

Maybe I miss understood but I think the OP needs to remove the whole pannel to access the bolts holding the rear clam on and not just a speaker cover. I am not sure that pannel comes out with the harness bar in place.

Edit: I see some threads saying you can remove those bolts through the speaker hole, I thouht removing the harness bar was easy enough.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It’s a bit of a blind reach, but yes you can remove those bolts through the speaker holes, that’s how I did it. Faster, but maybe not easier than removing the harness bar and rear panel.

-Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts