The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people roll both sides toward the center, so they have a kind of double-roll. In re-reading the manual, in fact, I see that's what Lotus suggests.

But here's a new wrinkle. I just got a brand new soft top (cause the liner in mine was coming apart), and when I opened the factory-sealed pack, it was, in fact, in the double-roll. But it had been rolled with the the interior lining rolled INSIDE, not out. The roof canvas was on the outside of the rolls.

Now, it seems to me that rolling it up that way when removing it from the car would be a bit awkward, wouldn't it? Is that what people do -- roll it up so the canvas is on the outside?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I roll with the canvas on the outside. My in laws borrowed the car once (no comments from the peanut gallery please) and rolled it the other way and I had a hell of a time getting it out of the bag. Anyway, I have learned from the all knowing surferjer and take mine off and even can put it on from inside the car while at a light. When I do this it ends up being rolled from driver to passenger with a ratio of about 80/20.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
pinmagic said:
The manual says to release the passenger side first.
Yea but if I do it that way and then suddenly the light changes, I'll be commited and can't get the roof back on quick. So I guess I'll have to live with my failure.

No wait, did they mean passanger for right hand or left hand driver cars?:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts