The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not just auto companies have been hit hard by the global economic downturn, as we all know. Tourism around the world is way down, and luxury hotels like the Halekulani on Oahu are feeling the heat.

To entice travelers, the Halekulani has put together a new “Art in Motion” package that includes use of a Lotus Elise, Lotus Exige S, Maserati GranTurismo, or Bentley GTC. The catch? The premier suite room costs $7,000 per night.

Guests booked in a more reasonably priced room, starting at $400 per night, may still snatch the keys at rates ranging from $250 per day for the Elise and $995 per day for the Bentley GTC.

For clients who opt for the Bentley or Maserati, a personal chauffeur service is available. The hotel concierge will also create personalized driving itineraries for the cars as well.

The Halekulani’s sister hotel, the Waikiki Parc, offers a package starting at $810 for three nights with use of a Lotus for 24 hours.

The offer to drive a Lotus, Bentley, or Maserati surely won’t turn circumstances around for the Halekuni, but it would make for a lovely Hawaiian vacation. If you haven’t pulled the trigger yet on a Lotus and have been waiting for an opportunity to secure an extended test-drive, perhaps now is your chance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I was there our hotel provided me with a Lotus to drive. It was great!!! We drove around the island and when we got back home I bought one...lol:crazyeyes:nanner::nanner::nanner::nanner:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Was it one of these?

I was vacationing there in December. Spotted the pair at the Parc from a mile away :panic:

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I was there our hotel provided me with a Lotus to drive. It was great!!! We drove around the island and when we got back home I bought one...lol:crazyeyes:nanner::nanner::nanner::nanner:
Same thing with me, i stayed at the Waikiki Parc drove the Elise around for a couple of days and then got one when i got back :)

I was just there last weekend and the word on the street was that occupancy rates were in the 60% range which i guess is low for there, but it still seemed pretty crowded. This time I stayed at a hotel ironically named The Lotus (the former W hotel). And they offered a huge and nice penthouse at just a fraction of the normal price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts