The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wow Such Admin
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the top off quite often unless it's above 90 or below 55 which means the hard top is off quite often.

I was thinking of making/buying something like one of these so it is up and out of the way.

Post pics of how you store your hardtop!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I use the Lotus "Hard Top Storage System" bag. It's a very nicely padded bag that has pockets for the various trim pieces and then hooks to hang it on the wall. Lotus sold them during the initial years of the Elise and Exige here as an official accessory. At first they had the Elise logo on them, then they changed it to Lotus when the Exige came here.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I use the same bag. Top is currently in it ;).

It was made for the Euro roof which has different trim panels, etc. so some of the pockets are too short but you can store everything in the bag including the torx driver used to r&r the top in its own little storage loop.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
UnderMyBed.jpg

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I store it in the "standard" velcro enclosured bag, SETTING IT DOWN vertically (top is standing up, leaning it against the wall) ON CARDBOARD, which is laying over the concrete basement/garage floor. The cardboard is important to prevent damage to the top from where it meets the concrete floor,.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UnderMyBed.jpg
This is where it used to go! But my wife brought home a cat that likes to get in things and scratch them.

I use the Lotus "Hard Top Storage System" bag. It's a very nicely padded bag that has pockets for the various trim pieces and then hooks to hang it on the wall. Lotus sold them during the initial years of the Elise and Exige here as an official accessory. At first they had the Elise logo on them, then they changed it to Lotus when the Exige came here.

I like that, but my garage walls are decorated with framed posters. Hence why I was thinking of going with the ceiling solution.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I just have it propped against the wall in my office/storage room in the house

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Hardtop Cabinet

If you like woodworking, you can do what I did. In Connecticut, I only have the hardtop on November to May. June to October it's stored in the cabinet I built. A simple open back unit that I painted the Lotus logo on the front for looks.

As with others, I was concerned about damage when off the car.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts