The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I ordered some. Plan on setting the car up for the next track season. I hope it is good stuff! I have heard great things about it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just spent a year with the Motul and I was not impressed. I tracked a Z06 for 26 track days this year. Maybe it will work out ok for a light weight car with less heat buildup. I want to try the GS610, some say you don't have to change or bleed for a whole season.

I hated the R4 on the E36 M3 for the track. They could not take the heat, performed badly and wore out fast. That said, for the Elise I may try them. Less heat buildup maybe the key and a less agressive pad for the Elise should be better.

Can't wait for your results and the LSS change with alignment. What did you end up getting negative camber wise in the front?

Just for a point of reference, I am an instructor for various high performance drivers educational events. Thus, I am looking for stuff that will hold up under high demanding conditions.

Good luck. Show what the Elise has to offer. :clap:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
The fact that whoever wrote the copy on the GS610 website can't keep straight the difference between silicon and silicone doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the product. I'm not looking to caulk my master cylinder closed!

·
Registered
364 Posts
or fill some breast implants. ;)

Even so, the poor attention to detail in the ad, does not necessarily mean that it is a poor product.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Cisitalia said:
Even so, the poor attention to detail in the ad, does not necessarily mean that it is a poor product.
No, certainly not. But if I just ran across that site without hearing good things about the product here, I would probably lump them in with the crackpots.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hands down, the best brake fluid on the planet (probably :)) is Castrol SRF. I've run it in a 99 M3, 996, Boxster S and a Z06. I do over 20 track days a year and it has outperformed all others that I've used (Motul included). The high wet boiling point allows you to put it in at the beginning of the season and forget it!

It is now in my Elise too...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Improved Pedal Feel with New Brake Fluid

Dear all,

While prepping my car for DE event #2 at MSR here in N. Texas, I changed out my brake fluid to Porsche's version of Super Blue Racing fluid.

Of course I have not yet had the car under sustained hard braking, like a 20-lap DE session, but just the act of bleeding, flushing and replacing the old (stock) fluid results in a superior pedal feel. Gone so far is the 1-inch "lag" when first depressing the brake pedal---a VAST improvement.

Next weekend I will see how fade-tolerant the brakes are with the higher b.p. fluid.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Looking at the site, I don't see anything that would lead me to believe it would be incompatible with our cars (although I would check the one recommendation that it not be used in a system spec'd for mineral oil fluid (which I don't think is the case for the Elise)).

I use ATE Super Blue/Super Gold myself.

ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts