Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Over 30 feet!

Votes: 18 14.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems to be a common issue with the Elise/Exiges, that the keyfobs have an absolutely TERRIBLE range. Id like to know the median range of these things, and im sure this will serve some newbie later who thinks his car or fob isnt working properly.

So, please reply with the year/type of your car, along with the poll vote!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also note that jamming the keyfob against your temple while operating, WILL IN FACT increase the range by about double!

Not kidding, try it!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've tried twice to do the increased-range mod with no success. It does improve a bit when I wear my tin foil hat.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
+1 for kestrel and tesprit

After this mod I can walk across the street to my neighbors house and still lock the car sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Occasionally, I lose my car in a parking lot. I don't enjoy walking up and down every row. :( I thought a remote would make it easier to find the car. However, this remote doesn't help - I have to be right up to the passenger door, less than 5 feet away. :shrug:

·
Registered
263 Posts
i basically have to be sitting in the car for it to work

·
Registered
88 Posts
the temple trick def works...i will admit i used to do it under my chin though.Its a nifty little trick that helps in parking lots

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
~10' which is fine - I don't need to disarm it from any further away (no central locking - MY02 Elise)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My Toyota FJ Cruiser has a stock alarm range of about 3.5 city blocks.

The best stock range I've ever seen was on a Chrysler 300 I rented in Las Vegas. Got lost, could not remember where I parked it in a huge structure. The panic alarm triggered in the massive building parking lot. Late night I was on the 3rd level, the car was on the 8th :). We couldn't believe it. We could hear it crying for help faintly from all that distance. Incredible.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts