pretty good? I'm like 1/2 of what you did :p

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You must be a cell phone text msg king in that case :p

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I used to type close to 100 wpm, but now I think too much and don't type nearly as fast.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Net Speed: 74 WPM
(words/minute)
Accuracy: 98%
Gross Speed: 75 WPM
(words/minute)

Generally I'm about 100 wpm, but I just spent an hour moving ~ 1 ton of rocks by hand...a little cramped up.

Typesetting publications for 3 years earlier in life got me here...also taught me all of the 4 letter words I know.

WW

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good point B.M. - many people can type thoughts about 20% faster than *typeset*.

WW

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Eye Kant tipe to Goud.....butt I didd diss'n a minite ana haf

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Net Speed: 74 WPM
(words/minute)
Accuracy: 98%
Gross Speed: 75 WPM
(words/minute)

Generally I'm about 100 wpm, but I just spent an hour moving ~ 1 ton of rocks by hand...a little cramped up.

Typesetting publications for 3 years earlier in life got me here...also taught me all of the 4 letter words I know.

WW

One TON? You should post in the self congratulatory thread!!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm making a guess there. Guess the guys didn't realize I meant the other left side of the waterfall ;)

WW

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Since I switched to the colemak layout I can type a bit faster than with qwerty, but I suck at touch typing so I get about 38 WPM when I have to keep on looking up at the screen and then back on my fingers. I can type MUCH faster when I can just look at my fingers and just type away.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well, go and see how you do!

I wonder if the system is slightly flawed, considering that you have to look and read the words before you type them, as opposed to if you already have the words in your mind.
You can just type whatever you want and disregard the story to find out the difference. I was about 70 wpm reading and typing, but 93 wpm just thinking and typing. A real keyboard instead of a laptop also slows me down too.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since I switched to the colemak layout I can type a bit faster than with qwerty, but I suck at touch typing so I get about 38 WPM when I have to keep on looking up at the screen and then back on my fingers. I can type MUCH faster when I can just look at my fingers and just type away.

Umm...

You're not supposed to be looking down at your fingers :D rotfl rotfl

1 - 20 of 29 Posts