·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! All

Anyone can advice me.I'm about to purchase 05 Lotus Elise Touring PKg only

No Sport PKG.any different. Iend up the deal with 2005 Elise 5000mi

with upgrade stereo and PowerAMP with Hardtop and Soft top.$29500

What you guy think about my deal.Should i get it? Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's an excellent price. You won't be disappointed with the touring package. If you are like me, I would be upgrading even if it had the sport package so enjoy the savings right now. How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an excellent price. You won't be disappointed with the touring package. If you are like me, I would be upgrading even if it had the sport package so enjoy the savings right now. How many miles are on the car?
Thx for message.It's 5000mi. do i need the sport PKG? Do you know how much it cost to upgrade

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The car w/o the sport package is very capable, and still good for autocrossing and track use. You only really NEED (take advantage of) the sport pack if you are an intermediate to advanced track driver

That said, I was not an intermediate or advanced track driver when I got mine

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car w/o the sport package is very capable, and still good for autocrossing and track use. You only really NEED (take advantage of) the sport pack if you are an intermediate to advanced track driver

That said, I was not an intermediate or advanced track driver when I got mine
Thx for super Idea.I wanna change my EXhause to Larini and not sure if it's good for the NY City use.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
if you live in NYC you do not want the sport package...

you can get another set of wheels with a more agressive tire and swap them as needed.

you can get "better" dampers than the sport package dampers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you live in NYC you do not want the sport package...

you can get another set of wheels with a more agressive tire and swap them as needed.

you can get "better" dampers than the sport package dampers
does dampers required to be install by dealers? THX

·
Registered
487 Posts
Doesn't matter if it doesn't have the sports pack for street use, if anything you could argue it's better - I mainly like how the tires last ~15k miles compared to the sport tires at ~5k miles, and it's a smoother ride

Granted I kind of like a rough ride if it feels like a real race car,but on city streets it's not going to matter

So unless you go to the track a LOT, it really doesn't matter - and you can still go and do very well even with standard wheels, so it really depends on what you're going to do with the car!... if you know it'll be a garage queen and a weekend only car, you could probably live with the shorter life sport tires, but they're more dangerous in the wet and almost pointless to use if you're going to have mostly freeway miles, it'd just seem a waste imo

Other than that it depends on you, but the car is still great with standard wheels

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 05 has the touring and sport packs. I like the electric window-makes it possible to reach over and drop the passenger side window for ventilation without changing 3 lanes. The sport pack wheels are lighter, slightly wider, springs and shocks are upgraded, and there is a 2nd oil cooler. Worth having.
Graphite Bruce

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesn't matter if it doesn't have the sports pack for street use, if anything you could argue it's better - I mainly like how the tires last ~15k miles compared to the sport tires at ~5k miles, and it's a smoother ride

Granted I kind of like a rough ride if it feels like a real race car,but on city streets it's not going to matter

So unless you go to the track a LOT, it really doesn't matter - and you can still go and do very well even with standard wheels, so it really depends on what you're going to do with the car!... if you know it'll be a garage queen and a weekend only car, you could probably live with the shorter life sport tires, but they're more dangerous in the wet and almost pointless to use if you're going to have mostly freeway miles, it'd just seem a waste imo

Other than that it depends on you, but the car is still great with standard wheels
Thank you for the whole bunch of idea.Great!!!!:bow:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 05 has the touring and sport packs. I like the electric window-makes it possible to reach over and drop the passenger side window for ventilation without changing 3 lanes. The sport pack wheels are lighter, slightly wider, springs and shocks are upgraded, and there is a 2nd oil cooler. Worth having.
Graphite Bruce
Hi! the Touring PKg came with Power window.isn't it right.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hello! All
Anyone can advice me.I'm about to purchase 05 Lotus Elise Touring PKg only
No Sport PKG.any different. Iend up the deal with 2005 Elise 5000mi
with upgrade stereo and PowerAMP with Hardtop and Soft top.$29500
What you guy think about my deal.Should i get it? Thanks.
That's a great price for such low miles and a hardtop,. I'd jump on it fast if I were you.
-provided the car has a clean carfax and no hidden damage from an accident or anything. (I'd be a teensy bit suspicious at that price, because most cars with those specs easily go for more.
(what color?)

unless you seriously want to track, don't even worry about not having the sport pack.
you rarely hear guys without it complain about the handling of their cars
(and some guys prefer to add their own sport-pack later on)
But I've read a few posts where peeps complain that their sport-pack cars are a little too rough for the streets.
- not to mention hydroplaning issues when the sport tires (which are only good for 6,000 miles) have little tread on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts