The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Removing the rear reflector shouldn't be a problem. However, you'll have a blank area with no holes, meaning you have to drill holes to match the screen pattern. Or order a euro version rear screens.

Chris

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I was just going to paint the heat shield underneath the grate flat black. That should make the holes virtually disappear.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
How hard to get these little rear end reflector jobs off? Is that grate powder coated or painted? I dont want to yank the reflector off and paint too.
Ok I'll bite, what is that? It looks like a paladin tracked artillerly piece but I don't get what it's up to.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Re: Re: How hard?

babak said:
Ok I'll bite, what is that? It looks like a paladin tracked artillerly piece but I don't get what it's up to.
Where do you think baby tanks come from? :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Re: Re: How hard?

babak said:
She's posted the worlds largest phallic symbol. Why do you think she saved it ? I think its a tank with a silencer. :D

Steve

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: Re: Re: How hard?

Sownman said:
She's posted the worlds largest phallic symbol. Why do you think she saved it ? I think its a tank with a silencer. :D

Steve
I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt before I made that deduction :) :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Talk about "over-compensation." :)

Oh, removing the reflectors will void your warranty. DOT regulations.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone posted the tank silencer on here and I saw it...I mountain bike in a forest near Fort Knox called Otter Creek and when they have tank target practice you can hear it all the way to Louisville which is an hour away. I wanted to show it to my local forum and say WHY THE HELL DONT THEY HAVE THESE AT FORT KNOX! :)

I may just leave my reflectors on. Guess I should get the car before I start deciding I need to make changes.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Do you all realize that the reflectors are actually so low, that no body is going to notice them, except the car that is way behind you (which is why they are there). I mean really, no body is going to notice them on the actual car...

Tim Mullen

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
When I read the title and saw the first pic... I thought.... "oh no... not another April 1 thread!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts