The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working on a project I found a missing bolt. How urgent is it for me to find a replacement? It looks like it holds a bracket that holds the axle. Anyone know what size bolt and thread this is? And where can I find a replacement? TIA.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would say - very. Here's what I would do.....I would go into my stash of metric bolts (because fasteners are the essence of mechanical things, so car buffs should have a large assortment) and keep trying different ones until I found one. Once found, use lock-tite. I would not pop the other one out to see its size / length.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say - very. Here's what I would do.....I would go into my stash of metric bolts (because fasteners are the essence of mechanical things, so car buffs should have a large assortment) and keep trying different ones until I found one. Once found, use lock-tite. I would not pop the other one out to see its size / length.
That’s what I figured. Is it common for a bolt like this to loosen and fall out? Or did a mechanic remove it and forgot to put it back?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
1. Pretty sure that is M10 fine but dont have one here to check anymore.
2. They fall out ALL THE TIME and it's not a big deal to drive the car with one missing. I did mine a lot, so has a friend. They are easy to strip, and as long as one is there nothing can move as the mount is pinned to the block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts