The Lotus Cars Community banner

How informed are you about your Elise order status?

• I am totally uninformed. I believe my dealer is uninformed as well.

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • I have little information, and suspect my dealer is withholding details or being uncommunicative.

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • I have an approximate date (month) in which to expect my car.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I receive frequent updates and feel like my dealer is in the loop and keeping me posted.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I've been posting a lot of pixels about how frustrated and in-the-dark I feel right now, and I'm curious to know if it's common or just specific to a few dealers.

I have a specific request: Please vote ONLY if you placed an "order" with your dealer, usually meaning you are in wait list position 1-30. If you have a deposit for a later position and have not placed an order with Lotus yet, there is probably less information available to you and your dealer, but I know this cutoff is rather arbitrary.

My goal is to get an idea of how many dealers are providing a good flow of information, and how many customers are not feeling up to date. And before the first pud posts the usual placatives about how "delivery delays are to be expected" and so on, this is only about Information, not cars.

Also, if you have your car, congratulations... no vote needed.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Somewhere between the 2nd & 3rd choice.

"I have little information, and suspect my dealer is UNAWARE OF details".

I just don't think all that much information is being released from Lotus to the dealers...although I don't know, just my perception.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I voted other:

My dealer said they'll get 3 on the first 2 months, then ramp up to 8.

Other than being one month behind schedulle, I think they'll catch up. I think I'll get my car in 9 months to a year.

So I have little information but I don't believe they are withholding anything from me.

·
shay2nak
24,985 Posts
i'm under 30 and haven't been asked for my order yet. Anyway, my dealer isn't the one who contacts me for updates, it is I who asks what's going on. so i chose #4

·
Registered
866 Posts
Miguel said:
I voted other:

My dealer said they'll get 3 on the first 2 months, then ramp up to 8.

Other than being one month behind schedulle, I think they'll catch up. I think I'll get my car in 9 months to a year.

So I have little information but I don't believe they are withholding anything from me.
What dealer whoud tha be??

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
When people say that they have an approximate date in which to expect their car, is the dealer making an educated guess or has Lotus told them this info? The distinction is very important because dealers cannot always make a good guess without solid information from Lotus.

A lot of people have voted for having an approximate date of delivery and it would be great if all of them knew this based on actual build dates from Lotus.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Vantage said:
When people say that they have an approximate date in which to expect their car, is the dealer making an educated guess or has Lotus told them this info?
Lotus will tell the dealer that the car is on a ship due to arrive at port either some day, or some week. Prior to that, Lotus will tell you what month your car is scheduled for build (and you can assume 4-5 week shipping time after that).

What worries me, is that my queries are met with vague answers - like, 'your car SHOULD be on a ship that SHOULD arrive the week of August 9th.' I really get the feeling that Lotus doesn't know for sure what is on the ships, or at least doesn't have confidence in what they're told by the UK. In hindsight, I should have pressed for a more definitive answer.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
YUP

If we didnt have BAD communication, we'd have NO communication at all.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My guy tells me something different every time I talk to him. I guess thats because Lotus tells him something different every time they talk to him.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the votes and responses!

Now that I sit here and try to get some understanding from the results, I realize that it's a piss-poor poll. :mad:

It confuses the issues of communication, delivery timeframe, and dealer trust all into mixed options.

Maybe a simple poll like "Are you satisfied with the level of communication and information you receive from Lotus/Dealer"
- Very Unsatisfied
- Unsatisfied
- Satisfied
- Very Satisfied

Hmm.. I'll post that poll after August 15, the "new timeframe" for precious Information, rare as black diamonds, prized as mithril and guarded by flaming Gryphons.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My dealer has only contacted me once since I placed my deposit, so I've had to make every other contact. So...I do know the approximate month of delivery, but the dealer hasn't made much effort to keep me informed of anything else.

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts