The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just paid the deposit for my new (used) lotus elise and was wondering how well the a/c was. I hear it isn't that good. Does it work at all? Thanks for the info:D

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
It's got AC?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
AC feels like it works better when the Elise is equipped with a hardtop.

I was used to no AC with my previous car so to me, the AC in the Elise works great. Opinions may vary from owner to owner and which part of the country/time of the year you ask.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Best AC = Remove top + roll down windows + go faster.

Seriously, if powerful AC was high up on you priority list, you've bought the wrong car.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have a 2006 exige, and the Ac works great. I have never set it higher than 2/4. Good thing too, since the passenger compartment is a little warm, even at night. The engine is in back, and radiator in front, so they pipe the heat to the front. I think that piping is to the left of the driver. Its not like a viper, though, as it is not hot to the touch.(inside car)

:shift:

·
Registered
405 Posts
What I've found is that on very hot days my a/c works well for about an hour. I drove back from Vegas to LA after labor day last year. Holy hell, I had to laugh at one point when I looked at my arm drenched in sweat. Literally beads rolling off my arms... windows up... a/c on high outside of Barstow. Granted it was about 108-112... We couldn't tell wether it was better with a/c on high, windows up OR windows down...:no:

·
Vendor
3,271 Posts
AS Jeremy Clarkson puts it, "Its about like having an asthmatic blowing on you through a straw!"

·
Registered
522 Posts
try tinting the front windshield w/ a 3m crystalline 70 film. It's light enough that you won't know the windshield is tinted unless you pay attention to the edges.

It rejects 50% of solar heat. It works wonders on your AC performance w/o sacrificing visibility.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have a 2006 exige, and the Ac works great. I have never set it higher than 2/4. Good thing too, since the passenger compartment is a little warm, even at night. The engine is in back, and radiator in front, so they pipe the heat to the front. I think that piping is to the left of the driver. Its not like a viper, though, as it is not hot to the touch.(inside car)

:shift:
You have four fan settings on your Exige?!:eek: No wonder yours works so well. My Elise only has three.:wallbang:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
-make sure the proper warranty repairs were done to it. There was apparently a problem with A/C freezing up, so they need to drill a few holes.

Much depends on the conditions where you live, and where you keep your car parked before starting up the A/C.
But yes, the A/C works (or should) work sufficiently well for you.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
It works like the search function on LT. For some people, very well. For some, not so good. And for others still, they just don't even bother with it...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Kind of like a antarctic blizzard.....

NOT:p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Never had any issues like others reported, My AC works great and cools the car off just fine. :up:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts