• 81-150 Miles

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • more than 150 Miles

Votes: 25 16.3%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Currently it's 8.81 Miles according to MapQuest.

I think I would have had the record for closeness if I didnt move.

I used to be 1.49 miles away from the dealer when I lived in NJ

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
3.9 miles to the dealership and 4.4 miles to their service center:)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does that make me the current record-holder?

Mapquest charts my door-to-door drive as as 1.7 Miles. Three stoplights. There is no closer car service bay. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
And I thought I was doing good at 2.8 miles.

I guess its the MG owner in me, but its nice to know I can walk home after my car is towed to the service dept. I can say I get my monies worth from AAA plus 100 mile free towing......

·
Registered
296 Posts
For me it's a juicy, loooonnnnnngggggg drive, with lots of Elise-class roads to choose from: 211.55 miles.;) . . . 4 hours . . . :huh: PLEASE, someone open a dealership in Rochester!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ground Loop said:

Mapquest charts my door-to-door drive as as 1.7 Miles. Three stoplights. There is no closer car service bay. :)
You can practically push your car there! :clap:

·
Registered
88 Posts
For me the pain isn't the distance, it's having to put the car on a barge and ship it to the island with the service center (Oahu). In a couple of years we hope to have a car ferry between the Big Island and Oahu which will be much nicer. It's still 300 miles.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Criswell in Maryland is about 120 miles from me in Richmond, Virginia. But when you factor in the D.C. Beltway traffic, that equals 4 hours!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I don't have a garage... 83 miles from my house. An easy drive across on 96, so only about an hour and a quarter.
I am going to store my Elise through the winter and be in a place with a garage by the time I can enjoy it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
It depends on which car I drive...

In the Elise, I suspect it'll be about 80 miles.

In anything else, about 5 ..

·
Registered
431 Posts
TheProton said:
And I thought I was doing good at 2.8 miles.

I guess its the MG owner in me, but its nice to know I can walk home after my car is towed to the service dept. I can say I get my monies worth from AAA plus 100 mile free towing......
Fin, are you in Rochester NY? Which dealership did you order from. I'm number 17 at Classic Autos down by NY city.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Not a valid poll.:D :D :D

Here in the DC area, the trip may be less than 40 miles, but it's at least a two hour drive...:huh:

When my daughter went off to college, she quickly learned how to tell the people from the "big city" from those from "else where". The "else where" group quoted miles to destination, and the "big city" group quoted time to destination...

I any case, the distance from my garage to my Lotus service center is zero miles (after the warranty expires)...

Tim Mullen

Edit: I forgot the :D's when I first posted...

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Wolf: "That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

·
Registered
296 Posts
No z06fun, I'm not in Rochester, but I believe there was once a dealer there and it has an active Lotus club (as you know) -- so seems most likely place for another dealer in the region, and only 90 miles away. I'm in Ithaca, and would love to have a dealer here but that is unrealistic. Princeton is the closest dealer to me (211.55 miles) but my deposit is with Ascot in Sewickley, PA (364.79 miles). Ascot has been great so far, and I will continue to use them unless something opens up much closer to home. (Distance will be a big problem if I need to get to a dealer and the car is not drivable.) I was #50 with Ascot when I put my deposit down in November 03. Any idea what the prospect is of a dealer in Rochester? :)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Ground Loop said:

You can just about push it there....

Not that you'd have to, of course....;)

edit: D'oh I didn't read down far enough, somebody beat me to it...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
120 miles northern Kentucky to MAG in Dublin (Columbus) Ohio

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
350 or so miles for me, something that has been nagging at the back of my head since the day I ordered it. I don't like being left out there with no backup.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts