• If there is one more delay, I'm outta here

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like some people have been waiting for years, others several months. In any case it will probably be at least a year between the time we left our deposit and will be actually taking delivery.

Most of us have an idea within a month or two of when their car is suppossed to arrive, but just how long are you willing to wait.

If your dealer called and said that it will take another 6 months to get your car, would you bail? What would be your reasoning- Lease expired on current car, need car before wintertime, I hate to wait, etc. If you found out your car was coming in the middle of winter, would you ask to be dropped to a lower number?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I'm a sucker for this kind of punishment. I put down 'forever'. I mean, here I sit with 40-50K burning a hole in my pocket after selling my last car and I can't even think what else I'd get if I couldn't get the Elise.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If they told me a year delay, I would just suck it up and wait. It would mean in the meantime that I would have to get a different car to race. Maybe buy another kart.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'm tempted to start another poll..
"How long would you wait for any word of delivery?"

If both Lotus and your dealership never spoke to you again, refused your calls, and said nothing more about your car... at what point would you ask for your deposit back?

For anyone saying "Forever", maybe I should post some specs for the "Ground Loop GT" and start collecting deposits. :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
It all depends! I'll wait forever if everyone else had to wait forever. However, if I was told my car was delayed for many months, yet OTHERS were able to get their cars on time and I saw them driving on the streets, I would go postal.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Ground Loop said:
For anyone saying "Forever", maybe I should post some specs for the "Ground Loop GT" and start collecting deposits. :)
Hey, what number is your list up to? If I get you my deposit tomorrow when do you think I'll get the car?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I will wait at least until the C6 Z06 gets close to coming. When it becomes a question of waiting the same amount of time for either of them, i'm not sure which way i would go.

IMO it is somewhat of a problem that they're running the Elise release so close to the standard C6 vette. Theyre going to lose all their press to it, it's going to be faster, and people are going to seriously consider it. Obviously this is not a huge deal because they have such a long waitlist for the Elise, but i suspect it will tempt some (not me).

-Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts