1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my old 3200 lb race car I would go thru rotors at:

4 days track (about 8 hours track time) - Fronts
16 days track (about 32 hours track time) - Rear

Would like to gather data from those of you that track your Lotus.

1. How long do you front rotors last before replacement
2. How long do your rear rotors last before replacement
3. Level of braking - Late & Hard, Moderate, Early & Long
4. OEM, AP Racing, Alcon, Other.

Thanks, Rob.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Ive heard that vette go through them that fast.

I have not heard about anyone really needing to change their rotors. Only upgrades for lighter weight ones.

Mine are good after about 8 track days.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
rotors were replaced at ~8k miles I believe. Not quite sure how many miles were on them. The stock rotors are soft and will wear pretty quick with track pads. I replaced mine with DBA 5000's which are holding up much better.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DBA 5000's appear to be about $100 cheaper per front set over the Sector 111 2 piece rotors. They seem to be Australian -- wonder what their availability is like? Weight?

Thanks for responses.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ive got about 10-12 track days on my Sector111 ultradisks and pagid blues. The rotors look fine with very little wear and the pads are about at the half way mark.

As for my braking, the better/faster I get the less brakes I use. I suspect Ill be able to easily get 20 more track days out of the rotors if not more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
2500 track miles per front and 200 miles more for the rears. Hard braking using cobalt pads. On another note could you PM me what you did to get 2 degrees from you front control arms?!

·
Premium Member
4,676 Posts
2500 track miles per front and 200 miles more for the rears. Hard braking using cobalt pads. On another note could you PM me what you did to get 2 degrees from you front control arms?!
Milling the steering arms(~4mm) will get you to ~ 2 degrees negative. For more you need to deal with the uprights.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've got 183 sessions (a session being 20-30 min run) on my DBA 5000 rotors. Fronts are on the 6 set and rears on the 4th set of Porterfield R4 pads. Got some dishing, but still a lot of slot and nice smooth braking. Really need to get a mic on them to get the thickness thou. This equates to over 25k miles on the OD with these rotors... Nevertheless, I've been very happy with these DBA rotors:up:...

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great responses, thank you folks.

Having a hard time locating a US supplier of the DBA 5000 -- assume they are the same for 07 Exige S as they are for the 05 Elise?

Does DBA have replacement rotor only similar to Sector111?

I've cracked rotors before (Laguna Seca) and was thinking of picking up a set of fronts before I hit BW on the 10th -- just in case, don't wanna do another drive home using the handbrake again.

dvl boy, you might want to talk to Rob at Dietsch Works - he feels -2 degrees is probably too much, but somewhere between -1 and -2. I'm at -1.2 right now -- I run a 360 degree off ramp to test low speed balance 65 mph or so -- it's got some banking to it, but I'd guess -1.5 would work best for 888s, for the Hoosiers I have no idea what to run.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have 20 track days and 11K miles on what I assume are original rotors. They have over half their life left in terms of thickness. Porterfield R4 pads for the past year and 5K miles.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great responses, thank you folks.

Having a hard time locating a US supplier of the DBA 5000 -- assume they are the same for 07 Exige S as they are for the 05 Elise?

Does DBA have replacement rotor only similar to Sector111?
You can try Cantrell Motorsports for the DBA rotors. I purchased mine from them. They can also get replacement discs, they come with new fasteners. Availability depends on what's in the North America warehouse vs. Australia. If the rotors aren't in NA it's a multi week wait.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Craig

I think you mean 8-10 hard track days for pads, not rotors :panic:

I've got way many multiples of that on my rotors and they are still fine - pads I've used plenty, but the rotors keep on going ...........

Chris

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
The Sector 2 piece rotors are holding up nicely after a bunch of track miles and ST-43 pads. I tend to be harder on the brakes than I probably should be, but late braking is just too much fun not to do it:evil:... I'm actually quite surprised how well these discs are doing with the natoriously abrasive ST-43s:cool:

I trashed my stock rotors in pretty short order on a comparative basis...

Best,

Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts