The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the few that have received their cars - how long from assembly to delivery???

I was told on 6/18 my car was on the line so I expect to get it soon, but I have no doubt it will come while I am on vacation in early August.... I can just imagine this scenario - I get home from vacation, log onto elisetalk and find pics of my saffron car posted by the dealer or even worse by someone who took it for a test drive:no:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Good question Ivan,

Probably wouldn't be fair with the early cars though, I'd be curious the build to delivery time once production is at full speed (or perhaps it is now?)
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Roughly...

Scheduled build date.
2 weeks for assembly.
Ship out the following Monday. If your car was completed on Friday, you are good. If it finished on Tuesday, it sits for 6 days.

Shipping time. 3 weeks for east coast? 2 weeks? I forget.

Port processing time, paperwork, customs. 3-4 days

Distribution and fullfilment center. Applying film, etc. 7-8 days

Transport to your dealership - FOREVER (okay..1-5 days)

:)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Roughly...

Scheduled build date.
2 weeks for assembly.
Ship out the following Monday. If your car was completed on Friday, you are good. If it finished on Tuesday, it sits for 6 days.

Shipping time. 3 weeks for east coast? 2 weeks? I forget.

Port processing time, paperwork, customs. 3-4 days

Distribution and fullfilment center. Applying film, etc. 7-8 days

Transport to your dealership - FOREVER (okay..1-5 days)

:)
Randy,

You do realize that with my car having a "July Build Date", each passing word of your post is like pouring lemon juice on a papercut for me.

Oh, The Pain!:p

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Come on, Randy! Wallabyguy is going to go into deep depression with your projected wait time. Do your 'spin-meister' thing and perk the man up a bit.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Your car will be here tomorrow. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Just so you all understand, and some better than others, I'm crying, but in a totally manly, "sensitive man of the 80's" kind of way.:p

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
On the east coast, a July build date probably means very late August. If it was early July, then mid August. VERY late July, could slip into early September.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Randy Chase said:
it was early July, then mid August.
based on that, as suspected, my car should arrive just as I am getting on the plane on 8/2...:(

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The plan once all the bugs are worked out of the port delivery, is 10-15 days from car hitting port it should be at the dealers.

They haven't been able to do that yet, but they've identified areas to improve things and I should think it will continue to improve.

Chris

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
wallabyguy said:
Randy,

You do realize that with my car having a "July Build Date", each passing word of your post is like pouring lemon juice on a papercut for me.

Oh, The Pain!:p
Don't worry, be happy.

At least you have a build date. As far as I know, my car is still a figment of Lotus' imagination.

My order is in. I want to know my "born on" date.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Valenti's demo was built in May and delivered in July. I thought I had a great pix of the card inside the driver's door but when I developed the film (Yes I'm still an analog guy) the pix was out of focus. :confused:

Anywho, I think is was 2 months from build to delivery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts