The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Not answering your question, but when I called around to a couple suppliers, the major issue was scheduling. In both cases, it was going to be very difficult to get a truck that was going from Georgia to California within the month.

·
Registered
670 Posts
drosen said:
Having a car shipped from Florida to LA that left there today and is expected here on Saturday. I used Showtime.
Covered or open truck and how much ?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
263 Posts
Agree with Randy. There is a steady supply of trucks, but getting on one can be a PITA, esp for covered transport. It took almost exactly one month from the time I bought the car until it finally arrived. Once your car is on the truck, it sounds like it usually only takes about a week or so.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
drosen said:
Covered 6 car trailer with lift gate for $1600.
Wow, that is cheap!

But Florida to LA is not in high demand, North east coast to anywhere warm is in high demand (snowbirds) so expect to pay more so that they will move your car fast.

I know because I waited over one month before knowing that if you put a couple of hundred more, the truck drivers will take your car sooner.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I got my car from Colorado to Seattle using www.kiwiskarriers.com as they were recommended by a friend.
I was VERY satisfied with the experience, they were excellent communicators and did a great job with the car. I did choose one of their uncovered transports to save %30-%40, so the car arrived quite dirty, but unscratched, a quick rinse and it was like new.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sky-

No problems with Showtime except it took 10 days vs the 7 originally quoted. All the cross country carriers are picking up cars along the way unless they are full, which usually isn't the case. They made a stop in Frisco to pick up 2 cars before dropping my are off in LA. The truck was nice. Had a lift gate like the race car transporters. Showtime's # is (888) 748-4418. Good luck.

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts