The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not visited your site for a while, what's the expected arrival date in the US ?? Has there been any firm confirmation on engine (ie will it be the K Series).

Sorry, I guess this is all here somewhere but thought i'd post rather than work through the posts.

All the best,

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
jrgibb said:
Not visited your site for a while, what's the expected arrival date in the US ?? Has there been any firm confirmation on engine (ie will it be the K Series).

Sorry, I guess this is all here somewhere but thought i'd post rather than work through the posts.

All the best,
according the revamped lotuscars.com webpage (which I still have mixed feeling about, buit that's another story)... the release date is 4/4/04.

Still no definite word on anything. There is an alleged Lotus announcement due within the next couple of months on the engine choice.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I have a lot of confidence in them meeting that 4/04 release date, despite their recent history.

We're 99% certain the engine will be a Toyota with about 190hp. How many cylinders and exactly WHICH Toyota motor, is unknown.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
ROFLMAO.

Sorry, I just HAD to bring this one up from the dead. MattG was so innocent with his hopes back then. ;) :p

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I read this as if it was an up to date thread... I just assumed people were being sarcastic about the official web site. (does it still say 4/4/04? I haven't been there for a long time.)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Steve W said:
I read this as if it was an up to date thread... I just assumed people were being sarcastic about the official web site.
Exactly. I thought the same thing. :)

Funny to read speculation about the motor. Shows you how long the forum has been around.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Funny to read speculation about the motor. Shows you how long the forum has been around.
Yep, I encourage everyone to look back into the archives from the beginning...its rather interesting and fun if anything to see all the ups and downs this forum and the people involved have endured. I think it also gives some of the new folks here an idea as to why some of us nuts are so bent over getting our cars. Its been a LONG time. :huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts