The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I live several hundred miles from nearest Lotus dealer (I'm sure many others do too)
and most likely won't have it done for awhile, are they going to put a time limit on oil line recall? If anyone knows?

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding is that recalls don't expire, they are "life of vehicle". But in this case, "life of manufacturer" may be more relevant.
Thats what I was thinking, Lotus isn't exactly firing on all cylinders when it comes to the company.
Seems to be strange twist of events with management on a daily basis?
Well, I'll get it when i can but it won't be tomorrow. Winter storage is at least another month.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
If you live in NY dealers are all around unless its the NE or NW corner

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Well, I'll get it when i can but it won't be tomorrow. Winter storage is at least another month.
I've had my Evora in winter storage since early November.:(

When I got my oil pipe recall in late November, I contacted my dealer and told them the car was already put away and I wasn't driving it (I did drive it once for about a mile in December after I put on a Larini pipe). I told them I'd see them in the spring. It didn't faze them and they were fine with it. I didn't want to drive it again until I got it done so it's been parked since.

Last week, I decided it will come out of hibernation the beginning of April :nanner: so I called them on Monday and made my appointment for April 1. They had no issue that it was 5 months later.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I called the dealer when I first got the notice and they said they would start working on recalls at the end of Feb and last week they said that they havent gotten training on how to do it yet and that the Lotus rep will be there next week to show them the correct procedure. Dont know how they are going to do be able to do this recall work in only 3 days since they only have one person that works on Lotus and they also service and sell other cars there too. Luckily I have another car that I can use in case it takes them a while.

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you live in NY dealers are all around unless its the NE or NW corner
I live in the part of New York buried by snow most of the winter and when the sun does come out we're like a bunch of groundhogs admiring our shadows.
Needless to say that the only action my car sees is the little mice running around with that special 'food' in their mouths.

Dealers, what are those? :crazyeyes

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I've had my Evora in winter storage since early November.:(

When I got my oil pipe recall in late November, I contacted my dealer and told them the car was already put away and I wasn't driving it (I did drive it once for about a mile in December after I put on a Larini pipe). I told them I'd see them in the spring. It didn't faze them and they were fine with it. I didn't want to drive it again until I got it done so it's been parked since.

Last week, I decided it will come out of hibernation the beginning of April :nanner: so I called them on Monday and made my appointment for April 1. They had no issue that it was 5 months later.
There is an oil pipe recall for Evora cars?

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Lotus Recall 2012/2013R (NHTSA recall # 12V-477)

"Lotus has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2011 model year Evora S (Supercharged) vehicles. It has been determined that engine oil leaks have occurred from an oil pipe specifically used on the supercharged engine in a small number of USA specification vehicles manufactured between 17 December 2010 and 20 September 2011."

" A failure of this pipe may result in oil being deposited onto the engine as well as the exhaust system. This could cause a potential engine failure and an increased risk of fire because of the presence of flammable vapour. This could result in a crash, serious injury or fatality."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts