The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noted before that I love the results of my Torque200 tune, but one of the drawbacks is the hard start. It takes 2-3 cranks before it now whimpers to a start. How many folks experience this same issue?

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I have that problem. I have a 10% chance of it starting on first crank, and nearly 90% on the second. The second crank yields a quick start. Rarely takes three. I love the results of the Torque200 tune too. I see it as a small but persistent downside.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes. Consistently three attempts for me, with that third attempt sometimes being easy, sometimes being difficult, before the engine sputters to life like an old biplane engine. Once warm, the engine restart is Ok and more like that of the factory tune. It’s that initial start at the beginning of the day that’s always the issue. Once the engine is running, however, I love the tune.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am no longer have the Torque 200 tune (I am on the REV 300 now) but mine always fired up the first time.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I recently purchased the Torque 200. I really enjoy it, but I do have some issues that might be maintenance related. My car does fire up the first time every time though.

However, sometimes when idling the revs jump and up down (near a 700 rpm swing) and the car has died numerous times while waiting at a stop light or stop sign. I've stalled out a few times while starting to move because when I give the car throttle while the rpm's are jumping around the throttle response is very and I end up stalling the car or over revving while getting into first. The car as almost died downshifting into a corner (just on the street) due to the rpm's dropping close to zero despite my throttle blip. After speaking with BOE I need to clean my MAF (never been clean in 10 years) and check one of my O2 sensors. In the spring time I did have a CEL for what could have been an O2 sensor, but the code went away after a few days. I've bought a new sensor and hope to address this issue this weekend.

·
Less is Better
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm surprised there have been only a couple of replies. I was hoping that if this is a reasonably common issue, we can convince BOE to spend some time tweaking the map to correct it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts